Atherston ball game

This is, without doubt, the roughest, toughest ball game you can get involved in. Atherstone just shut their doors and when the ball goes all hell breaks loose. No quarter given and how serious injury doesn't happen is a complete mystery. It's fairly common for the same families to 'win' the ball and as you might imagine, they are hardy kind of characters. Jok.

Just down the road from me. a lot of scores are settled during the game. originally it was a contest between Leicestershire and Warwickshire, been going since the 1100`s.  If you saw the Atherstone Girls then you would understand why the lads are so tough lol

With you there Paulius. I've done quite a number of marquees in the town and for various events and without a doubt the female gender are the ones to avoid. Mean as hell with voices to match. All ends well normally. Jok.

9 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Just looked like a mass brawl to me. Any one know what the objective is??? Atb

Throw a ball then knock fukc out off each other by the looks of it ??

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, socks said:

This looks mad as a box of frogs .......

Is this a prototype run of street battles if Brexit doesn't happen.  There's one thing that is missing. A row of traitors including T blyar strung up between the street lights. !

Ps.  I saw on Gogglbox an interview by Andrew Mart of the blyar and the blyar was getting slanted by everyone. He looked particularly crest fallen at one point.

Edited by Meece

I've just been having a pint with one of the contenders. He is battered and bruised and admits he took a few good shots. In the early part of the clip he can be seen holding the ball whilst half in the road and half on the pavement. One of his comments was that although it was in broad daylight, when he had the ball and with his eyes open, it was completely dark from the number of bodies on top of him. I mentioned the female in one of the skirmishes and he just laughed and said that she and quite a few more also got some good hits in. That cabling above the shop door is live so a bit of risk there. Appparantley there were people on the roofs as well and bits were raining down. I asked him who pays for the carnage? No clue and no interest. Mental. Jok.