Bushing pup for sale.

socks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen 1 or 2 handy little bushing lurchers,but if you think they can compete with a purpose bred bushing dog pal you have seen absolute rubbish dogs.

Worlds apart. Some lurchers may bush yer but they are nothin compared to a purpose bred busher your talkin pish.

I’ve got a cracking little cocker x pat bitch pup for sale. She is 5 months old and is coming on nicely ... should make a decent dog. £200  

Posted Images

I had and I’ve got a beddy whippet here that bushes like a demon. I am working away more and more and only got room to take so many dogs away as the nature of my work is changing slightly. 

This is it, a small lurcher can do all a bushing dog can and more, where a purpose bred busher comes in is when you have a powerful lurcher and you want to select what you slip on, they can be a valuable asset as the hunting act stands, and a pleasure  to watch work in their own right

• Confused 1
14 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

This is it, a small lurcher can do all a bushing dog can and more, where a purpose bred busher comes in is when you have a powerful lurcher and you want to select what you slip on, they can be a valuable asset as the hunting act stands, and a pleasure  to watch work in their own right

Biggest load of nonsense I've ever read on here a small lurcher can do all a bushing dog can do and more ? 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

With the exception of dropping to ground, what else is there ?, a lurcher can be as versatile as they come

Worlds apart. Some lurchers may bush yer but they are nothin compared to a purpose bred busher your talkin pish.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

With the exception of dropping to ground, what else is there ?, a lurcher can be as versatile as they come

Is this comment even worth a response? can a lurcher bush tight bramble, follow a line, put pressure in good size covers with bramble, can they go 8 hours straight through cover working with the stamina of the beagle blood or relentlessness of the springer blood, can they find old charlie on a badly scented day sitting really tight almost inches from the dogs where a lot of people and dogs would walk past with a clue how close they are, i can keep going all night...... 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Night Walker said:

Big difference in a bit of bushing to hunting quarry for distance through all types of cover and terrain

I think not explaining/understanding that is probably the cause of 90% of arguments on this section. LOL

Bushing comes in quite different forms. From basically hunting a pack of small hounds all the way to proper controlled spaniel work or a single terrier bimbling through thin hedges. Seems to me there's a world of difference between those and the term 'bushing' doesn't come close to sufficiently explaining what someone really does.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I think not explaining/understanding that is probably the cause of 90% of arguments on this section. LOL

Bushing comes in quite different forms. From basically hunting a pack of small hounds all the way to proper controlled spaniel work or a single terrier bimbling through thin hedges. Seems to me there's a world of difference between those and the term 'bushing' doesn't come close to sufficiently explaining what someone really does.

Yes mate definitely, like you said the whole range of what defines a busher is a very broad spectrum. That's the beauty of the sport there's so much variety in the work you give them and the cross or pure bred that suits your needs

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FKOF said:

Is this comment even worth a response? can a lurcher bush tight bramble, follow a line, put pressure in good size covers with bramble, can they go 8 hours straight through cover working with the stamina of the beagle blood or relentlessness of the springer blood, can they find old charlie on a badly scented day sitting really tight almost inches from the dogs where a lot of people and dogs would walk past with a clue how close they are, i can keep going all night...... 

These are good points, but out of context, I'm talking in relation to rabbit control, as I believe this is Socks occupation, I'm not doubting the purpose of a hound spaniel terrier mix, and am aware of their abilities

23 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

These are good points, but out of context, I'm talking in relation to rabbit control, as I believe this is Socks occupation, I'm not doubting the purpose of a hound spaniel terrier mix, and am aware of their abilities

Still I disagree you need  a good dog to bush rabbits specially in bramble terrier types or there xs are hard to beat imo

• Like 1