Foxhound x greyhound

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That dog isn’t but here is a picture of the litter sister to my current lurchers grandsire, an F1 fellhound x greyhound from about 20 years ago.  

know of 5 bred this way,never make a sound

After a bit of searching I’ve found a coursing greyhound 85 pound weight  to line the bitch. I struck lucky with the second person I asked. A shooting man I head down to a couple of times a season to

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, spindolero said:

Know a few boys keep hound x for daytime hill work

A few of them open up when they're coursing one 

Doesn't bother the owners 

What way do they have them crossed and what hounds dig they use 

55 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

IMG_20171001_151919_972.jpg.f7b296730225489d1953084f8e2c3545.jpgIMG_20180125_192505_041.thumb.jpg.bd0a5100ce6616989d7cc688bb5dee2d.jpg6 months to 14 month old bitch. sal/bull/grey x wheaton/bull/Welsh hound ended up 26 tts.went to friends ,has free run of a riding school and hill farm as a pet..........very effective as a vermin dog?

a lad on here called Daniel g had the only other pup in the litter,a dog,big hairy hound.lol?

Do u think the hound has brought much to the cross

20 hours ago, sandymere said:

wouldn't one of these bring what you want without to much of a cost to pace, tremendous athletes.

http://www.trailhoundwelfare.org.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

spot on sandy, i was just going say the same mate, they great stamina and pace , and good bone and feet. put a 1xgrey bitch of this breeding to a 3/8 pit 5/8 grey , what great lurcher, would  take most quarry i reckon ,would need lot of work  as well. the norm type foxhounds  are massive dogs , most hit 85-100lb  a big bone dog to trot all day with horses , the trial hound be far better x to a lurcher or grehound  to create  a lurcher deff, really surprised it never been used before.

22 hours ago, sandymere said:

wouldn't one of these bring what you want without to much of a cost to pace, tremendous athletes.

http://www.trailhoundwelfare.org.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

there was a program on tv about trail hounds, and a lady owner said they had used saluki whippet and greyhound in thair development, and to me you can see it in them, when you look closely.

• Like 1

Just been chatting to a mate from over the water that runs this type. He said he couldn’t fault the type at all and can’t understand why more lads don’t have them. He also said it’s rare enough to get one that will open up when running. He said it can happen but rarely Happens 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

What benefit would they bring that other crosses wouldn’t 

I reckon you would have a second to no mooching dogs. Hopefully marking will come first hand to them. A great knows good feet and bone in them. And more than capable of doing big game 

26 minutes ago, shaneg said:

Just been chatting to a mate from over the water that runs this type. He said he couldn’t fault the type at all and can’t understand why more lads don’t have them. He also said it’s rare enough to get one that will open up when running. He said it can happen but rarely Happens 

know of 5 bred this way,never make a sound1921458145_2016-02-0221_03_45.jpg.00630eb5d59e9daefd7932e23a5c2441.jpg

• Like 9