Foxhound x greyhound

Old Brian machete had one yrs ago  a 3q grey q fox hound ,big box headed dog it never needed help on anything ,

it was behind a roe and got run over near Grantham ,

b a good x ,don't know why they are not popular but maybe that's a good thing .

• Like 2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That dog isn’t but here is a picture of the litter sister to my current lurchers grandsire, an F1 fellhound x greyhound from about 20 years ago.  

know of 5 bred this way,never make a sound

After a bit of searching I’ve found a coursing greyhound 85 pound weight  to line the bitch. I struck lucky with the second person I asked. A shooting man I head down to a couple of times a season to

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Old Brian machete had one yrs ago  a 3q grey q fox hound ,big box headed dog it never needed help on anything ,

it was behind a roe and got run over near Grantham ,

b a good x ,don't know why they are not popular but maybe that's a good thing .

I’m think the same I’d  rather an all round lurcher than a one trick pony and I think these could have it all. 

Edited by shaneg
2 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Are they more for working a distance in front on the hills 

you can work them that way...or lamp them,round a hole..... like any other type,depends on how you bring them on.i had 1 that wouldn't cast off far enough and hunt like I wanted....a lad took him on and used him for lamping and mooching in the day,he would walk to heel until told to go?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, white van man said:

If I could spend more time up the hills I would be looking at something like this for walking out in the day. Not a straight cross though. Would like a bit of something else in the mix. Time and Kennel space would be a great thing!! 

I’ve no shortage of space and dogs foods free so if it doesn’t work all it will cost me is my time 

28 minutes ago, straight2hand said:

That dog isn’t but here is a picture of the litter sister to my current lurchers grandsire, an F1 fellhound x greyhound from about 20 years ago.

3D8CC173-4DD4-4DB0-A5EB-610D98603BB6.jpeg

Was her mother or father the greyhound