Buying a Dog/Pup

59 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I did have a little venture in that direction it seems obvious to me that many of these " rescues " are just demented old women trying to fund their hobby by getting you to BUY the least favorite of her 7 dogs !.......only to end up passing them on to similar nutcases in the same circle.

Edited to add....not to sound too harsh as im sure there are some decent rescues out there.

demented old women, least favourite ?

younger demented women aswell! Not far from me one has set up an animal sanctuary, friends of her say it just to fund the upkeep of her own animals. I see the odd begging post online, always starts with 'We really dont want to ask, but...' paypal accepted. 

It must be vogue aswell to foster dogs at the minute aswell, dont get me wrong if a mate was in need of a bit of kennel space id do what I could. But having a house full of strangers reject dogs going dinlo, nah.

My next dog is looking likely to be a drathaar, it'll be the breeds motherland I will be looking towards.