1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

It's crazy the differences between the countries. What I carry at work would get be five years in Britain. Fact is I'd feel safer walking around Las Vegas than London.

I've got a mate who has the same thing you carry for work on his FAC. Also I think in Ireland there is a may issue policy on pistols for self defence as well as a grandfathering policy on sporting use of pistols. I think....

• Thanks 1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's an epidemic with every major city seeing an increase... It's a social problem, as much as it grips my shit we are where we are and the majority of knife crimes are committed by young black m

Parenting has gone to f**k, basic manners are non existent in a lot of cases... If you can't even get a hello, goodbye and please and Thank you it's a bad job... It may seem like little thin

It’s unreal, talking today on the radio about it and some woman emailed in saying she saw a gun shop and they had knives for sale, so she rang the police !! Only to be told they were totally legaly tr

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

That's interesting. Have they eased some laws then? :hmm:

No, if anything it's tightening. Pretty much the only way you can get a legit pistol is for Humane Dispatch, which now really means you have to be required to do that as part of your employment. I don't think recreational HD cuts it anymore. lol.

Anyway, here's a bit more detail. So he used to have a Colt Python which they decided one day that they weren't happy about and told him that given it was a powerful 6 shot 357 they wanted 4 of the chambers welded shut. Not being able to bring himself to commit such an offence on such a fine tool he countered by offering to downscale to a 9mm if he could maintain an uncapped capacity. They were only too happy to accept this compromise......

....so he went out a bought a Glock! :laugh::hmm::doh: Well done plod, you've made the streets a safer place. LOL

Of course several years later they have now told him he needs to have his mag restricted to two shot. Guess they aren't aware of this! I just can't get my head around how they think this shit makes us safer?

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I carry 2 blades at all time, ye know incase shit gets real when out an about on me own at night?

like i have to open some fertiliser or cut some bailing string ? or even god forbid gut a rabbit. ?

I don't really bother with lamping it's a waste of time round her but I always carry a blade its held along the handle of the lamp, if not you could loose your lamp and battery 

3 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Out of curiosity. What are Ireland's gun laws like?

Super intendant has to sign the form to say you are of good character. If you have no convictions and aren't part of a feud and have land permission then there isn't a problem. Probably harder to convince the police if you live in the city. If the gaurd doesn't like you then your fcuked but have the option of a hearing in front of a judge to explain why your entitled. Your entitled as a citizen to be allowed a gun if over 16 years old but I've seen guards refuse young fellas and told them to come back at 18 and that they were too young, which is illegal for them to do but they make up their own rules and you'd have to bring them to court to over turn it. As soon as the law is left in Garda hands they do what they like. I've seen them forcing people to put gun safes in their attic bolted to a wall and came out and inspected it when it wasn't written in law and they had no right to ask for it or had any business entering your property. A safe was only necessary for a high powered rifle , like a .270 for example but not .22 or shotgun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 12/03/2019 at 15:04, Born Hunter said:

Of course several years later they have now told him he needs to have his mag restricted to two shot. Guess they aren't aware of this! I just can't get my head around how they think this shit makes us safer?

That just sounds bonkers! It's almost like a good chunk of them haven't got a clue and are simply making sh*t up as they go along. Of course it begs the question how have all these rules and regulations impacted crime as opposed to impeded law abiding people? It's the same with knives but with all of these bans it's simply political rhetoric that doesn't do anything to even identify the causes of the problems never mind tackle it.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

That just sounds bonkers! It's almost like a good chunk of them haven't got a clue and are simply making sh*t up as they go along. Of course it begs the question how have all these rules and regulations impacted crime as opposed to impeded law abiding people? It's the same with knives but with all of these bans it's simply political rhetoric that doesn't do anything to even identify the causes of the problems never mind tackle it.

Nail on head mate.

22 hours ago, jiggy said:

I've seen them forcing people to put gun safes in their attic bolted to a wall and came out and inspected it when it wasn't written in law and they had no right to ask for it or had any business entering your property.

I know I'm going completely off on a tangent here but our Democrats fresh of their mid-term gains are pushing for further gun laws and many of the legal eagles are concerned about exactly this kind of authoritarian overreach. Hawaii is now pushing legislation to repeal the 2A in their state, and the there is a bill trying to add any rifle or shotgun that accepts a detachable magazine to the NFA. The difference between the countries aside we have several sheriff's departments refusing to enforce them on constitutional grounds thus creating sanctuary states. It'll be an interesting move forward.

1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

I know I'm going completely off on a tangent here but our Democrats fresh of their mid-term gains are pushing for further gun laws and many of the legal eagles are concerned about exactly this kind of authoritarian overreach. Hawaii is now pushing legislation to repeal the 2A in their state, and the there is a bill trying to add any rifle or shotgun that accepts a detachable magazine to the NFA. The difference between the countries aside we have several sheriff's departments refusing to enforce them on constitutional grounds thus creating sanctuary states. It'll be an interesting move forward.

The Garda Siochana (Irish police) job is to up hold the law not make up their own laws as they go along. The NARGC which is similar to Basc in U.K. have brought them to court dozens of times over people been refused permits because they just decided they were too young ( even though they were legal age )or forced people to  get new windows that had lockable handles, Alarm systems and gun safes when they weren't obliged to do so. They won every case against them. They are a bunch of wankers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 05/03/2019 at 23:11, NEWKID said:

it's an epidemic with every major city seeing an increase...

It's a social problem, as much as it grips my shit we are where we are and the majority of knife crimes are committed by young black men/boys... that's not rascist it's a fact....breaking up the gang culture, both by the community and harder policing, youth workshops, tougher punishments for the petty juvenile crimes that lead these youngsters to this....I know everyone will say chuck them on a boat and ship them out, but it ain't going to happen, a lot of these kids were born here, 2nd, 3rd even 4th generation... the punishment for carrying a knife on the streets needs to be so severe  (minimum 5 years say) and implemented every time.... 

If someone in power doesn't stand up soon and say it as it is...young black kids are at the route of this and that's what we need to work on.... it will only keep.getting worse

Jmho mate, but you will never educate a dog to stop pissing up lamp posts.......it’s just in their nature ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, WILF said:

Jmho mate, but you will never educate a dog to stop pissing up lamp posts.......it’s just in their nature ;) 

Haha....maybe not mate, it's the PC bullshit that covers up what everyone else can see which is stopping any chance of progress though...

I think as with pretty much every other thread like this it's probably too late...

• Like 1

I was born to shoot a 22, it was my third arm or even a sixth sense I was out day and night the Pheasants never had a chance  [not at £2 a brace when money was good], got nicked at Wansford  on the A1 in 1965  a random car check , Fine £5 ,  caught  coursing  on Ramsey Fen , the gun was in the car Boot and belonged to the driver ,it was 1967 £10 Fine with £2 costs, then 1973 shooting Pheasants and Hares  at Great Ponton  Six Months nick ,  when I was in the Cells the Judge sent for me to his Chambers  and said that he was wrong and changed the term to Suspended , laughs and smiles all round and me and Circuit Judge Syme shook hands and has I walked out of his Chambers he said  " Michael the World has changed if you appear in Court for any Firearms offence !you will get at least 4 years .

Whithin 5 minutes I had grown a Halo and Wings and never shot a 22 again  because I ain't Black and Daft.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Still got an old bone handle bowie knife purchased from the army stores in Rotherham when I was 12 years old a knife me and a gang of mates all bought then coverd the sheaf with a treated rabbit skin ffs how times have changed .