Got to agree here the best dogs around my area thirty years ago were Lakeland’s .......

22 minutes ago, socks said:

Got to agree here the best dogs around my area thirty years ago were Lakeland’s .......

N.B, N.J and his cousin ??

26 minutes ago, baker boy said:

N.B, N.J and his cousin ??

Yep and rocky and the lad from seven sisters that died young ... can’t tember his name now .....

• Like 1

I'll take your word that yours were decent enough but your in the minority that's for sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dillydog said:

You've only got to look in the fell terrier book to see the type they were actually working, they don't compare at all to the show shit which made most of their names.

wish i had a camera in the late 70's early 80's at llangollen show the border/lakie ruled I can remember some really good ones but they didn't look like what we have now , they where heavy headed big boned broken coated with a borderish look about them , nothing like the pipe cleaners trimmed out bodies to make the untrimmed long snipey  head look big , way to much Kc lakeland in them now

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, socks said:

Yep and rocky and the lad from seven sisters that died young ... can’t tember his name now .....

Philip

That’s the lad he gifted me a cracking Black and Tan pup ......

1 hour ago, Apache... said:

in mackins yard haha.

I remember him buying a B&T bitch from Newport S.Wales, bitch was a 20 min bitch tops but smart as fcuk

Me and him dug a B+T bitch of his, handy spot no problem, I took it home and tried it 30 mins and out, it went straight back to him. 

1 hour ago, Glyn..... said:

wish i had a camera in the late 70's early 80's at llangollen show the border/lakie ruled I can remember some really good ones but they didn't look like what we have now , they where heavy headed big boned broken coated with a borderish look about them , nothing like the pipe cleaners trimmed out bodies to make the untrimmed long snipey  head look big , way to much Kc lakeland in them now

Funnily enough you say that, this dog I was gifted today has some f****n nut on it, puts my black uns to shame, small and chunky and weighs double what you would think picking him up, disappeared when I went to put him in the kennel found him hanging off the ferret hutch, coat isn’t tight like your typical show dog it’s more like a borders coat, or was has been tackled with the clippers now🤣🤣

• Like 1

I remember we also dug to a smart looking white Lakeland of his another time, forgot about that one (or was it a dream haha).

Edited by Apache...

40 minutes ago, Apache... said:

I remember we also dug to a smart looking white Lakeland of his another time, forgot about that one (or was it a dream haha).

If he actually dug it, it was a dream 😂

• Haha 1

On 05/03/2019 at 17:49, BIG TRG said:

Anyone shed any light on Colin Armstrong bred Lakeland’s? Anyone got or know someone with one? Good working gear apparently, never heard of it myself, cheers. 

Collins son still has a couple I believe.but he was putting dogs over any bitch that got in touch .seen 2 dogs out of a litter 2 years ago .couldn't find a steak in a f***ing oven.1 walked after 10 minutes ,they still kept it cause it done well at shows 🤔

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, mad4digging said:

If he actually dug it, it was a dream 😂

That must have been the same dream I had when I dug to a border  🤔