1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

When I was a young lad f***ing around with my mates in a gang trying to get a skull or two on a Sunday morning , those cobby built  Black and Tan Lakeland types were de riguer terrier of our gang. 

There was a family in our town with dozens of them spread across the wider relations. All called tag, jock, taff, Tyson and all b*****ds to a dog. 

If we did manage to kick out a rabbit or two for out mangy pack if whippets , greys and collies to chase, the terriers would turn and fight amongst themselves like a pack of Nigerians at a market stall. 

😂😂😂

good times and a little bit of a walk  into my childhood seeing that  type of dog again. 

Incidentally we called the smooths lakies and the rough ones border lakies. 

I haven’t seen that type for years. 

Thanks for sharing mate 

Fcuking hell stiff you’ve just described growing up in Glasgow 😁 funny ain’t it that groups a young lads the other side of a country that never met or spoke all spent time doin same things😀 moved to wales for a bit an sure as shit stinks within a week or so of being at new school I’d found a complete new pack an had some great fun down there aswell 😁

• Like 3

9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

When I was a young lad f***ing around with my mates in a gang trying to get a skull or two on a Sunday morning , those cobby built  Black and Tan Lakeland types were de riguer terrier of our gang. 

There was a family in our town with dozens of them spread across the wider relations. All called tag, jock, taff, Tyson and all b*****ds to a dog. 

If we did manage to kick out a rabbit or two for out mangy pack if whippets , greys and collies to chase, the terriers would turn and fight amongst themselves like a pack of Nigerians at a market stall. 

😂😂😂

good times and a little bit of a walk  into my childhood seeing that  type of dog again. 

Incidentally we called the smooths lakies and the rough ones border lakies. 

I haven’t seen that type for years. 

Thanks for sharing mate 

Some boys i know are expecting a litter of border lakeys, the border dog is a hard mute dog and the bitch is can hold her own with plenty heart. Im going to have a pup i think, hopefully they make handy things. 

• Like 2

Nice looking dog mate i like them Black and Tans got one here myself parks breed Lakeland to a patterdale dog my lads dog but loves teeth atb longers01 

EAE6EC35-DB66-42EA-8061-6F049617697F.jpeg

63821A14-514E-47C4-9278-7DBD78FCFEAD.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, derry lad said:

B+T dog started off well 

20190205_143804.jpg

That’s the best digging type Lakeland I’ve ever seen, thick set and strong with it. None of this narrow chest and and pointy muzzle crap you see in the shows.

I hope he carries on for you.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, derry lad said:

B+T dog started off well 

20190205_143804.jpg

They usually do!!! Nice type.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, derry lad said:

B+T dog started off well 

20190205_143804.jpg

Lovely stamp of a Lakeland 👍👍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Apache... said:

They usually do!!! Nice type.

Thanks, and the parents still are aswell 👍

Good stuff in them then, forgot to say tidy backfill aswell haha. 👍

12 minutes ago, Apache... said:

Good stuff in them then, forgot to say tidy backfill aswell haha. 👍

You trying to be smart or what? 

• Haha 1

On 09/04/2019 at 09:20, jossa said:

Some boys i know are expecting a litter of border lakeys, the border dog is a hard mute dog and the bitch is can hold her own with plenty heart. Im going to have a pup i think, hopefully they make handy things. 

had a bitch 1st x border lakie good 15 yrs ago...hard as f**k,reckless in the ground.....screwed and neally killed a 5 yr old black bitch I had at the  time it was kennelled with,when it was 11 months old 🙈needed eyes in your arse with it....ended up with a keeper down bodmin way.never seen or had a bitch that hard since,nor would I ever keep 1 like it again.wasnt wired right in the head.

I wasn't actually lad I was just saying, but if u want to take it that way u can, it was a compliment.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2019 at 11:20, Rabbit Hunter said:

Any particular breeding in the young dog Derry Lad?

just bred from two workers no fancy names