Lakeland’s

On 3 April 2019 at 06:05, bobajob said:

Some of the dogs bred down the line from many years

Screenshot_20190325-053127_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190328-073830_Gallery.jpg

Best terrier I ever dug to was a black & tan bitch, not dissimilar to that black & tan tyke in your photo, she had a nose like a hound and would stay till dug to every time, a true warrior, it's a pity they have to grow old, atb

• Thanks 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My old lad getting on now

Some of the dogs bred down the line from many years

B+T dog started off well   

Posted Images

On 06/03/2019 at 13:42, Dig-deep-draw-charlie said:

0FAB2D65-D8CE-4DC6-BACF-3A071EA10FCE.png

When I was a young lad f***ing around with my mates in a gang trying to get a skull or two on a Sunday morning , those cobby built  Black and Tan Lakeland types were de riguer terrier of our gang. 

There was a family in our town with dozens of them spread across the wider relations. All called tag, jock, taff, Tyson and all b*****ds to a dog. 

If we did manage to kick out a rabbit or two for out mangy pack if whippets , greys and collies to chase, the terriers would turn and fight amongst themselves like a pack of Nigerians at a market stall. 

???

good times and a little bit of a walk  into my childhood seeing that  type of dog again. 

Incidentally we called the smooths lakies and the rough ones border lakies. 

I haven’t seen that type for years. 

Thanks for sharing mate 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

When I was a young lad f***ing around with my mates in a gang trying to get a skull or two on a Sunday morning , those cobby built  Black and Tan Lakeland types were de riguer terrier of our gang. 

There was a family in our town with dozens of them spread across the wider relations. All called tag, jock, taff, Tyson and all b*****ds to a dog. 

If we did manage to kick out a rabbit or two for out mangy pack if whippets , greys and collies to chase, the terriers would turn and fight amongst themselves like a pack of Nigerians at a market stall. 

???

good times and a little bit of a walk  into my childhood seeing that  type of dog again. 

Incidentally we called the smooths lakies and the rough ones border lakies. 

I haven’t seen that type for years. 

Thanks for sharing mate 

Some boys i know are expecting a litter of border lakeys, the border dog is a hard mute dog and the bitch is can hold her own with plenty heart. Im going to have a pup i think, hopefully they make handy things. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, derry lad said:

B+T dog started off well 

20190205_143804.jpg

That’s the best digging type Lakeland I’ve ever seen, thick set and strong with it. None of this narrow chest and and pointy muzzle crap you see in the shows.

I hope he carries on for you.

• Like 2
On 09/04/2019 at 09:20, jossa said:

Some boys i know are expecting a litter of border lakeys, the border dog is a hard mute dog and the bitch is can hold her own with plenty heart. Im going to have a pup i think, hopefully they make handy things. 

had a bitch 1st x border lakie good 15 yrs ago...hard as f**k,reckless in the ground.....screwed and neally killed a 5 yr old black bitch I had at the  time it was kennelled with,when it was 11 months old ?needed eyes in your arse with it....ended up with a keeper down bodmin way.never seen or had a bitch that hard since,nor would I ever keep 1 like it again.wasnt wired right in the head.