Lakeland’s

First terrier seen to ground was black an tan border Lakeland man had yard full all worked to ground most worked rock earths drains an odd bigger one just for digging , most of his terriers was black an tan couple that was red thay looked just like Lakeland terrier 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My old lad getting on now

Some of the dogs bred down the line from many years

B+T dog started off well   

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Did any of the older lads ever see any of the Enbeck bred lakies work.Few lads round my way had them when i very first showed an interest in terriers as a kid but even then i realised the ones id seen were shit.

Only read about em in Fell Terrier and though the author gives em a decent write up. He also says they were full of kc shite and even as a kid i knew that was to be avoided.

13 hours ago, bobajob said:

Working lakelands do still exist  it's just knowing  the correct people who work them and breed them for work .. could go back more than 30+ years with mine

I'm not having it, we all know each other through the network of the gossip circles,  and I'll stick to my former statement. .........no such thing as a consistent line or family of Lakelands

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, bobajob said:

Working lakelands do still exist  it's just knowing  the correct people who work them and breed them for work .. could go back more than 30+ years with mine

i'm not doubting your word but what a damning statement  , it like the statements made about the border 20 years ago .... deja vu  :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agree what's mostly said on here,hard to find a consistent line of good working Lakelands, got mine from an old sweat,who sweared by his Lakies, (the one in pic from him) didn't like it up close and personal..hard to beat the blacks 

20190322_223313.jpg

• Like 1