Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My old lad getting on now

Some of the dogs bred down the line from many years

B+T dog started off well   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dillydog said:

Blame the show scene and the idiots that chase a rosette,  good honest lines ruined by breeding to pretty show stuff in the hopes you'll get a tidy worker !

It’s grand to have a looker but if they don’t work what use are they. All for s 50c rosette and s cheap bag of dog food. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, shaneg said:

It’s grand to have a looker but if they don’t work what use are they. All for s 50c rosette and s cheap bag of dog food. 

awk sure thats what we will all be chasing at the moate show this year...lol

• Haha 2

I highly doubt the Lakelands of yesteryear where out and out digging dogs, and I can't see them being as good as the black dog of today, especially consistently wise anyway plus it's a different era now where info and access is key.

Edited by Apache...
  • Like 3

I think the so called lakies 50 odd years ago were a different type to the ones around today, I was digging 30 odd year ago baker and I never seen any, also at the shows when I was a kid and never seen any well worked, unless the majority stayed up in the lakes and not in mackins yard haha.

8 hours ago, dillydog said:

You've only got to look in the fell terrier book to see the type they were actually working, they don't compare at all to the show shit which made most of their names.

wish i had a camera in the late 70's early 80's at llangollen show the border/lakie ruled I can remember some really good ones but they didn't look like what we have now , they where heavy headed big boned broken coated with a borderish look about them , nothing like the pipe cleaners trimmed out bodies to make the untrimmed long snipey  head look big , way to much Kc lakeland in them now

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1