Any one breeding any Saluki bull greyhound’s

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was thinking of adding saluki blood to my wheaten cross. I don't know much about Salukis but I heard they ignore you so with the dog I have that keeps jumping on top of me with excitement every time

The brother growing well too 

Posted Images

On 06/03/2019 at 09:05, mr powers said:

Was toying with idea early on in season but just dont no the benifits to say a good 5/8/3/8 

If you dont know the benefits of puting in good saluki blood and what it would take, how can you say what the best saluki stud is? 

Edited by mush
  • Like 1

I was thinking of adding saluki blood to my wheaten cross. I don't know much about Salukis but I heard they ignore you so with the dog I have that keeps jumping on top of me with excitement every time I let him out of kennel and nearly knocks me down and destroys my clean clothes I reckon a touch of saluki blood would make him fcuk off up the garden away from me and give me a chance to wash the kennels in peace.? Others would probably breed them in for stamina and I'm guessing the catch percentage would rise if you infused the right blood. Maybe I'm wrong but I just want my big cobby dog to stop charging me like a rhino in heat even though he means no harm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Had a dog he was breed dad was 1/4 bull 3/4 greyhound well known dog where i live at the time Mam was 3/4 saluki  1/4 greyhound best all rounder dog I’ve had the pleasure to run kill foxes for fun and could knock them deer over in a day atb longers01 

I’d much rather a saluki bull grey back to a bull grey so just a touch of saluki in it , for me I’d be worried if to much saluki came through and I ended up with a dog with the build of a saluki and the heart of the bull as you could end up with a game dog that’s unable to kill its quarry and ends up taking a lot of stick . A mate of mine had one he was a lovely looking dog nice build could run All night but was a shit bag lol 

• Like 2

I had one pure saluki caught a bull grey only pup in the litter was really good dog took loads of fox best was 4 in a night wasn't built like a saluki really powerful dog unfortunately had to be pts had throat cancer I would have another if the chance came up

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jiggy said:

I was thinking of adding saluki blood to my wheaten cross. I don't know much about Salukis but I heard they ignore you so with the dog I have that keeps jumping on top of me with excitement every time I let him out of kennel and nearly knocks me down and destroys my clean clothes I reckon a touch of saluki blood would make him fcuk off up the garden away from me and give me a chance to wash the kennels in peace.? Others would probably breed them in for stamina and I'm guessing the catch percentage would rise if you infused the right blood. Maybe I'm wrong but I just want my big cobby dog to stop charging me like a rhino in heat even though he means no harm.

Don’t feckin do it jiggy, I’d rather have dirty clothes in fact I’d rather a kick in the ass from the front than add saluki blood. 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, jiggy said:

my coursing bred bitch does the same mate she is a powerfull bitch hits you like a ton of bricks soft as shit rely.

Saluki bull greyhound is not really my flavour but get the right blend of ingredients the possibilities are endless I know 2 different guys with the cross anything available the dogs will catch it tough cross proper workman’s cross but definitely one man one dog cross people say adding saluki blood makes a dog untrainable I call bull shit on that! One of the guys I know has trained his really well retrieves to hand rabbit birds or hare track any amount of shot deer you can chuck at it same with shot fox were as the other is more a point an aim merchant but still a good dog in its own right with the ability it possesses. Like I said not really my flavour  because I can see my self bringing attention to ones self ( like before ??)but you never know one day I might try the flavour if I could do such a dog justice but such a dog would be waisted on me being a opportunistic hunter but more favouring a dog I can ferret with mooch An lamp the humble rabbit ?. I see plenty of saluki bull greyhound adds for pups for sale on fb pages or if you google in lurcher pups for sale plenty on there 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Saluki bull greyhound is not really my flavour but get the right blend of ingredients the possibilities are endless I know 2 different guys with the cross anything available the dogs will catch it tough cross proper workman’s cross but definitely one man one dog cross people say adding saluki blood makes a dog untrainable I call bull shit on that! One of the guys I know has trained his really well retrieves to hand rabbit birds or hare track any amount of shot deer you can chuck at it same with shot fox were as the other is more a point an aim merchant but still a good dog in its own right with the ability it possesses. Like I said not really my flavour  because I can see my self bringing attention to ones self ( like before ??)but you never know one day I might try the flavour if I could do such a dog justice but such a dog would be waisted on me being a opportunistic hunter but more favouring a dog I can ferret with mooch An lamp the humble rabbit ?. I see plenty of saluki bull greyhound adds for pups for sale on fb pages or if you google in lurcher pups for sale plenty on there 

Stop saying flavour ffs

• Haha 2