5 hours ago, philpot said:

I think you will find that their reputation on here is second to non, I have not dealt with them (yet) but heard many a comment from guys on here that have dealt with them and only good things have been written.

Phil

I’ve dealt with them and Ian is superb, no bull, and if he thinks your better with something he doesn’t sell, he sends you in the right direction, now that speaks volumes to me that his main focus is you getting the right bit of kit, not making money.

However, the stuff he does stock is second to none, and his pricing is perfect, you have to speak to the guy personally, I would always try him first before I buy anything elsewhere.

• Like 3

I was told Ian that Pulsar are about to release a new low cost thermal spotter and I am sure the chap told me it was well under a £1000 or have I got that wrong, which would not be the first time.

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

I was told Ian that Pulsar are about to release a new low cost thermal spotter and I am sure the chap told me it was well under a £1000 or have I got that wrong, which would not be the first time.

Phil

Is it the axion?

• Like 1

The Axion will come in three models..

The XM30 Key - No Wifi, No Recording, LCOS Eye Display. 2.5x Mag

XM30 -  Recording, WIFI, HD AMOLED Display 4x Mag

XM38  Recording, WIFI, HD AMOLED Display 5.5x Mag

The XM models with the Germanium lens and AMOLED displays will offer the best image and performance. the lower spec XM30 Key will replace the Quantum Lite and be around the same price mark roughly..

The XM30 will be around £1700 at a guess and the XM38 above around £2000 , official prices are yet to be released.

Expected around 2-6 weeks time..

On 28/03/2019 at 20:48, IanB said:

The Axion will come in three models..

The XM30 Key - No Wifi, No Recording, LCOS Eye Display. 2.5x Mag

XM30 - Recording, WIFI, HD AMOLED Display 4x Mag

XM38 Recording, WIFI, HD AMOLED Display 5.5x Mag

The XM models with the Germanium lens and AMOLED displays will offer the best image and performance. the lower spec XM30 Key will replace the Quantum Lite and be around the same price mark roughly..

The XM30 will be around £1700 at a guess and the mto be releaseodel above around £2000 , official prices are yet to be released.

Expected around 2-6 weeks time..

Thank you for the breakdown Ian, I am watching my six numbers very closely..... I must say that WIFI would be useful at times but nothing else and for the most part WIFI is not really of any great importance. Is the XM30 Key cabable of the same sensitivity as the other two models or are we talking about a reduced image range or ability to see quarry. I assume the higher priced models have better optics along with the other bits and pieces.

Please forgive my total ignorance here but what is the difference between LCOS eye display and AMOLED eye display.

Sorry to be a pain.

Phil

XM30 Key £1269.95 Chalcogenide FLCOS
https://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/the ... -monocular

XM30 £1759.95 Germanium AMOLED, WiFi, Recording

XM38 £2059.95 Germanium AMOLED WiFi Recording

Available for pre order, arriving in 2-6 weeks.

Also

Update the UK RRP for the Thermion XM50 scope is £3499.95
12 micron , HD Amoled, 5.5x optical magnification .
Available this summer, pre-orders can be placed.

https://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/the ... ifle-scope

On 29/03/2019 at 21:15, philpot said:

Please forgive my total ignorance here but what is the difference between LCOS eye display and AMOLED eye display.

Sorry to be a pain.

Phil

The base model is the KEY XM30 it has a flat Chalcogenide lens the same as the Quantum Lite range, this is the reason the unit is cheaper than the other models, the chalocgenide lens does not provide as good an image as the more expensive Germanium models, also theres not much focus movement to get a sharp image with the lower spec model lens..

Other differences between the Key and the Full Fat models are the "XM30 Key" models have a FLCOS display which is lower resolution than the AMOLED displays fitted in the XM30/38 models also the Key does not include WIFI or Inbuilt recording..

My pick would be the XM30 model with Germanium Lens and AMOLED display.