Remington owners

57 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

It’s not a fault with the rifle I’m told but a design fault all remmy 700 series have .Its beyond me why it’s like it being used to a tikka .Apparently an elastic band sorts all lol,allowing another round to be chambered but not allowing bolt to open whilst carrying .

I will just have to live with it I guess .

Interesting, mine has been fine!

5 hours ago, Alsone said:

A friend of mine has a 700 which had a custom trigger put in it instead of the Remington trigger replacement during the recall. They use it for target shooting at a Home Office Registered Club and are highly satisfied. I guess maybe it comes down to differing opinions. In fairness, they probably don't have the range of experience you have Deker, so maybe they've never experienced a higher quality rifle. The only feedback I've ever received for it is they absolutely love it and are competitive with it. I do remember they had the barrel free floated as well though.

target shooting at a Home Office Registered Club.... Nothing special....All target shooting clubs have to be Home Office Registered and approved.  I wouldn't touch anything that bore the Remington badge. Total junk. I bought a thousand 22lr Remington standard target ammunition and they were totally inaccurate.  I used them up as barrel warmers. An elephant would have been safe at 30 paces.

Carry the rifle on the other shoulder so that the bolt is away from the body. My 22lr occasionally trips the bolt if carried on the left shoulder.

16 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Just out of interest Chris ,your remmy has the safety which allows bolt to open on safe .

If so is there not a chance of it opening when rubbed against something or am I just awkward lol.

Yep, the bolt can open with safety on.

I've actually just checked mine, there is no way the bolt will open, safety on or off, without a good tug.  Once down it is pretty firm, and stays firm until almost fully open!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

Do you know if the bolt can be tightened in any way mate as it’s quite easy to flick back .Barrel was spotless and hardly any wear on crown so I took gunshops word it’s had very little use but bolt says otherwise maybe .

4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Do you know if the bolt can be tightened in any way mate as it’s quite easy to flick back .Barrel was spotless and hardly any wear on crown so I took gunshops word it’s had very little use but bolt says otherwise maybe .

No idea but it will almost certainly be something in the action rather than the bolt itself  if adjustment is possible.     A word with Riflecraft may help.  I sent mine back to them a few years ago for the trigger recall business.   They were Remington approved repairer at the time for the UK and I believe they still are.

Knowledgeable lot whatever so they may be able to help.

13 hours ago, Meece said:

target shooting at a Home Office Registered Club.... Nothing special....All target shooting clubs have to be Home Office Registered and approved.  I wouldn't touch anything that bore the Remington badge. Total junk. I bought a thousand 22lr Remington standard target ammunition and they were totally inaccurate.  I used them up as barrel warmers. An elephant would have been safe at 30 paces.

Carry the rifle on the other shoulder so that the bolt is away from the body. My 22lr occasionally trips the bolt if carried on the left shoulder.

Yeah I know, just mentioning it was a proper club. My friend swears by his floated one for accuracy. Maybe he just got a good one.