What breed ?

I don’t know what breed they are , look like a lab to me . Instead I’ve come up with a caption. “ Damn , I seem to have run out of dog , here in the middle of nowhere.... but don’t worry lass , I’ve brought six baskets of condoms .”

Edited by shovel leaner

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would they not be Labrador types when Labs were healthier dogs....the coat looks dense like a Lab

I like an old pic especially if they’ve a dog in them but this pic has caused a discussion. what breed do you think they might be I’ve no clue ? 

Chesapeake, they are a wildfowl dog but we’re used for swimming between boats carrying fishing nets and pulling carts with the days catch on 

Posted Images

8D9D5E6D-3505-4445-8C40-FA5E4AE43B13.jpeg.024a579acc2f7d2dfe10a27816324c8e.jpeg

Chesapeake, they are a wildfowl dog but we’re used for swimming between boats carrying fishing nets and pulling carts with the days catch on 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, marshman said:

I like an old pic especially if they’ve a dog in them but this pic has caused a discussion.

what breed do you think they might be I’ve no clue ? 

33970603-3712-4CEB-8C55-846F02BE2897.jpeg

if the couple are Dutch in the pic, i think the dogs are Broholmer, there  were bred as dual purpose dog, for butcher dog/cart  and guarding . big dogs 27-30in  130lb , the early ones are like in the this pic, there  The Mastiffs book  colonel David Hancock., not the lurcher breeder from Brum.

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, bird said:

if the couple are Dutch in the pic, i think the dogs are Broholmer, there  were bred as dual purpose dog, for butcher dog/cart  and guarding . big dogs 27-30in  130lb , the early ones are like in the this pic, there  The Mastiffs book  colonel David Hancock., not the lurcher breeder from Brum.

Good shout photo might be European 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

How can you tell they,re black and tan in a black and white picture ?....they might be green ?

I’d say there’s more a chance of them being Black and Tan than green mate lol ? 

I think bird was right not a Labrador . I’ve found the it’s a Belgium mastiff. They was used for pulling milk carts in the late 19th and early 20th century 

150735E6-E280-4381-A251-B25B31F096A8.jpeg

30B8E9DD-E2F7-40E0-A97A-E70AC19355FA.jpeg

453DE285-E587-444B-B628-29F7129DC1E5.jpeg

Edited by marshman
  • Like 4
17 minutes ago, marshman said:

I think bird was right not a Labrador . I’ve found the it’s a Belgium mastiff. They was used for pulling milk carts in the late 19th and early 20th century 

150735E6-E280-4381-A251-B25B31F096A8.jpeg

30B8E9DD-E2F7-40E0-A97A-E70AC19355FA.jpeg

453DE285-E587-444B-B628-29F7129DC1E5.jpeg

I thoght thatthey might be from Holland or Belgium.  I suppose the picture above  could bend the idea of gundog. ?. Do t those people all look blooming miserable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Draft_Dog

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Meece said:

I thoght thatthey might be from Holland or Belgium.  I suppose the picture above  could bend the idea of gundog. ?. Do t those people all look blooming miserable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Draft_Dog

Just read that link didn’t know they’re extinct shame as I like their stamp