king

vitamin D/suppliment's

3 minutes ago, Francie said:

Back in the day sailors were dying of scuvry, then they realised that vit d solved the problem, i think lack of all vitamins is contributing to are bad health.

That was vitamin C. Hence the name "Limey".

1 minute ago, walshie said:

That was vitamin C. Hence the name "Limey".

Thanks for the correction ould hand.

If we ate a better diet more natural foods an fruits an veg i think our overall health would be better, the amount of processed food with next to no vit an minerals we eat is terrible.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, king said:

is that because the bone density weakens and the hip joint wear's faster.the wife's gran had her hip done at 45 and suffered with arthritis. my wife is only 35 and maybe she has arthritis in her hand's and upper leg's.that's how they picked up on the low vitamin D 

Maybe your correct there king i dont know for sure.She was diagnosed in her 30s with osteoporosis but in the last few months had bad pain in her hip so had a mri scan thats when they found how bad a condition its in. She had a needle through her groin into the hip bone the other day so hopefully that gives some relief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Francie said:

Thanks for the correction ould hand.

If we ate a better diet more natural foods an fruits an veg i think our overall health would be better, the amount of processed food with next to no vit an minerals we eat is terrible.

Thats what i try through the week. Make sure i eat an apple an orange and a banana everyday. And carrots and brocolli with dinner. Dinner is usually chicken fish or steak.Plenty water.Weekend comes amd i have a few beer a Takeaway and chocolate.

Ive a mate who never cooks. Only takeaways or fast food resturants.  Smokes. Only drinks fizzy drinks. He himself cant remember the last time he ate fruit. Overweight in active.  Hes never been sick for as long as ive known him

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Yes but it helps with some of the symptoms Vit D deficency throws up through its high content of Omega 3 Fatty acids' it also helps with osteoporosis which Vit d deficency can cause .

Kale is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet ' it has many benefits.

Yes Kale is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet,as are nuts.....but the chap above said they are a high source in Vit D and they dont contain any at all.

2 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Thats what i try through the week. Make sure i eat an apple an orange and a banana everyday. And carrots and brocolli with dinner. Dinner is usually chicken fish or steak.Plenty water.Weekend comes amd i have a few beer a Takeaway and chocolate.

Ive a mate who never cooks. Only takeaways or fast food resturants.  Smokes. Only drinks fizzy drinks. He himself cant remember the last time he ate fruit. Overweight in active.  Hes never been sick for as long as ive known him

The fat unhealthy types you describe seem to manage until around the age of 40 then the shit hits the fan, had a fair few mates that were in the pub every night life and sole of the party smoked drank to excess and ate a shite diet with a bit of sniff thrown in for good measure, then between 40/45 they either dropped dead or ended up a skinny mess with a piss bag and a tablet cocktail  for dinner every day, your body can take a fair amount of abuse for 40 years but if you want to be fit and active into older age you need look after what you have got 👍

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Yes Kale is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet,as are nuts.....but the chap above said they are a high source in Vit D and they dont contain any at all.

Still great for Vit D deficency

• Haha 2

On 01/03/2019 at 17:47, j j m said:

I take sulphate for my joints and yes ive found a difference since using it ,took about 2 month to get in to my system

Glucosamine sulphate? What difference have you noticed? 

On 01/03/2019 at 17:47, j j m said:

I take sulphate for my joints and yes ive found a difference since using it ,took about 2 month to get in to my system

Amphetamine sulphate?

• Haha 1

I had my menopause all done & dusted 7 years ago, I have never taken any kind of supplement, Drs just did a blood test years ago & said I was on the change...  I guess you have to break a bone or have another issue before you realise that you need the stuff 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Greyman said:

The fat unhealthy types you describe seem to manage until around the age of 40 then the shit hits the fan, had a fair few mates that were in the pub every night life and sole of the party smoked drank to excess and ate a shite diet with a bit of sniff thrown in for good measure, then between 40/45 they either dropped dead or ended up a skinny mess with a piss bag and a tablet cocktail  for dinner every day, your body can take a fair amount of abuse for 40 years but if you want to be fit and active into older age you need look after what you have got 👍

To all the whippersnappers on here.. read that up there! That's real life experience talking. Cut the processed shit out. Eat what mother nature provides... with just a few San Miguel's thrown in for good measure..😂 I eat 10 pieces of fruit every day.. 👊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

To all the whippersnappers on here.. read that up there! That's real life experience talking. Cut the processed shit out. Eat what mother nature provides... with just a few San Miguel's thrown in for good measure..😂 I eat 10 pieces of fruit every day.. 👊

Must shite through the eye of a needle 

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Must shite through the eye of a needle 

I can shit over nine hedges mate!!