vitamin D/suppliment's

2 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Thats what i try through the week. Make sure i eat an apple an orange and a banana everyday. And carrots and brocolli with dinner. Dinner is usually chicken fish or steak.Plenty water.Weekend comes amd i have a few beer a Takeaway and chocolate.

Ive a mate who never cooks. Only takeaways or fast food resturants.  Smokes. Only drinks fizzy drinks. He himself cant remember the last time he ate fruit. Overweight in active.  Hes never been sick for as long as ive known him

The fat unhealthy types you describe seem to manage until around the age of 40 then the shit hits the fan, had a fair few mates that were in the pub every night life and sole of the party smoked drank to excess and ate a shite diet with a bit of sniff thrown in for good measure, then between 40/45 they either dropped dead or ended up a skinny mess with a piss bag and a tablet cocktail  for dinner every day, your body can take a fair amount of abuse for 40 years but if you want to be fit and active into older age you need look after what you have got ?

• Thanks 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the correction ould hand. If we ate a better diet more natural foods an fruits an veg i think our overall health would be better, the amount of processed food with next to no vit an mi

I think as brits we also spend to much time indoors which doesn’t help the situation I bought my misses a sun lamp which is meant to help with the winter blues, lots of Jamaicans I no suffer badly as

The good Lady is prescribed it, and takes iit daily. VitD is particularly important for women, as it aid s the absorption and metabolism of calcium, which prevents osteoporosis.  

On 01/03/2019 at 17:47, j j m said:

I take sulphate for my joints and yes ive found a difference since using it ,took about 2 month to get in to my system

Glucosamine sulphate? What difference have you noticed? 

I had my menopause all done & dusted 7 years ago, I have never taken any kind of supplement, Drs just did a blood test years ago & said I was on the change...  I guess you have to break a bone or have another issue before you realise that you need the stuff 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Greyman said:

The fat unhealthy types you describe seem to manage until around the age of 40 then the shit hits the fan, had a fair few mates that were in the pub every night life and sole of the party smoked drank to excess and ate a shite diet with a bit of sniff thrown in for good measure, then between 40/45 they either dropped dead or ended up a skinny mess with a piss bag and a tablet cocktail  for dinner every day, your body can take a fair amount of abuse for 40 years but if you want to be fit and active into older age you need look after what you have got ?

To all the whippersnappers on here.. read that up there! That's real life experience talking. Cut the processed shit out. Eat what mother nature provides... with just a few San Miguel's thrown in for good measure..? I eat 10 pieces of fruit every day.. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good suggestions from above. I'll add salmon, mackerel, egg yolks, and cheese as additional good sources of Vit D. Also recommend reducing overall sugar intake as it's well known to leech nutrients from the bones and can accelerate/exacerbate osteoporosis. The absolute best way, as mentioned, is sunlight. Have a look at the UV lamps that the Scandanavians use.

On 02/03/2019 at 22:29, Bush Rummager said:

To all the whippersnappers on here.. read that up there! That's real life experience talking. Cut the processed shit out. Eat what mother nature provides... with just a few San Miguel's thrown in for good measure..? I eat 10 pieces of fruit every day.. ?

Half a terry's chocolate orange doesn't count as 10 pieces of fruit ?

• Haha 2