vitamin D/suppliment's

I try to take it through winter, I always get a bit down from new year to April it’s my slowest time of year and gloomy weather don’t help, I think I notice a difference but could be placebo 

I just got 3 for 2 on vitaboitics extra strength vit d they deliver free aswell

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the correction ould hand. If we ate a better diet more natural foods an fruits an veg i think our overall health would be better, the amount of processed food with next to no vit an mi

I think as brits we also spend to much time indoors which doesn’t help the situation I bought my misses a sun lamp which is meant to help with the winter blues, lots of Jamaicans I no suffer badly as

The good Lady is prescribed it, and takes iit daily. VitD is particularly important for women, as it aid s the absorption and metabolism of calcium, which prevents osteoporosis.  

28 minutes ago, darbo said:

My wife has osteoporosis and had it pescribed of the dr years ago in soluble form

just been reading a bit about osteoporosis and There typically are no symptoms in the early stages of bone loss.so you wouldn't even know that you have it.horrible disease darbo

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, king said:

just been reading a bit about osteoporosis and There typically are no symptoms in the early stages of bone loss.so you wouldn't even know that you have it.horrible disease darbo

It certainly is king my wife now needs a hip replacement at only 53.

I have cod liver oil through the winter....Scandinavians still dip whole cod livers into oil even today due to their low sunlight hours,even though 15 minutes sunlight per day is the equivalent to 2 servings of fatty fish per week.....which is adequate as i think the recommended daily amount is only something like 10mg.....thick fuckers them Vikings though they also used to rub cod livers into their muscles to soothe aches !

Oh and Kale contains no Vit D whatsoever ?

1 minute ago, darbo said:

It certainly is king my wife now needs a hip replacement at only 53.

is that because the bone density weakens and the hip joint wear's faster.the wife's gran had her hip done at 45 and suffered with arthritis. my wife is only 35 and maybe she has arthritis in her hand's and upper leg's.that's how they picked up on the low vitamin D 

2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I have cod liver oil through the winter....Scandinavians still dip whole cod livers into oil even today due to their low sunlight hours,even though 15 minutes sunlight per day is the equivalent to 2 servings of fatty fish per week.....which is adequate as i think the recommended daily amount is only something like 10mg.....thick fuckers them Vikings though they also used to rub cod livers into their muscles to soothe aches !

Oh and Kale contains no Vit D whatsoever ?

15 min's a day is a very small amount of time spent in the sun.make you think how people do become low in vitamin D.everyone seem's happier in the summer.we must be getting a massive dose compared to the winter.if as you say gnasher only 15 min's is ample.

i know Cats and dogs naturally acquire vitamin D nutrient from UVB sunlight. Unlike humans and reptiles, cats and dogs do not make vitamin D in their skin. When UVB rays strike an animal's fur, oils in the fur are activated to produce vitamin D. Cats and dogs consume vitamin D when they lick or groom their coats.

Anybody thinking of things like hip replacement or spinal fusions etc in my opinion would be better off waiting a while if you can as they are so close with things like stem cell therapy to regenerate tissue they are even combining it with platelet rich plasma therapy in order to speed up the healing process.....how long down the line it will be i dont know but id be amazed if they are still replacing hips and stuff in 10/15 years time.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

change your light bulbs out to full spectrum

this will make up for the lack of sunshine during the winter months

we use them over here

or PM @greenlurchers for some vitamin d rich meals lol

Edited by Ted Newgent
3 minutes ago, Francie said:

Back in the day sailors were dying of scuvry, then they realised that vit d solved the problem, i think lack of all vitamins is contributing to are bad health.

That was vitamin C. Hence the name "Limey".

1 minute ago, walshie said:

That was vitamin C. Hence the name "Limey".

Thanks for the correction ould hand.

If we ate a better diet more natural foods an fruits an veg i think our overall health would be better, the amount of processed food with next to no vit an minerals we eat is terrible.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, king said:

is that because the bone density weakens and the hip joint wear's faster.the wife's gran had her hip done at 45 and suffered with arthritis. my wife is only 35 and maybe she has arthritis in her hand's and upper leg's.that's how they picked up on the low vitamin D 

Maybe your correct there king i dont know for sure.She was diagnosed in her 30s with osteoporosis but in the last few months had bad pain in her hip so had a mri scan thats when they found how bad a condition its in. She had a needle through her groin into the hip bone the other day so hopefully that gives some relief.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Yes but it helps with some of the symptoms Vit D deficency throws up through its high content of Omega 3 Fatty acids' it also helps with osteoporosis which Vit d deficency can cause .

Kale is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet ' it has many benefits.

Yes Kale is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet,as are nuts.....but the chap above said they are a high source in Vit D and they dont contain any at all.