Old photo 1960

1 minute ago, bird said:

no mate , i didnt  i have gone over there on fullmoon , just to see what about in the field , and didnt go in the woods, not that bothered about birds really prefer venison or rabbits, in fact had some good old runs on there with full moon, Buck had few charlies on there which would have pleased that gobshit  if i had told him, but i dont go there that much mate ,carnt be arsed with him or it .

I don't bother with kaneys unless the dogs take one ,took hundreds in my time but like you I like to see my dogs run on what ever we can push up .How's the dogs foot ,hope he's getting better.

have a good day .

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great uncle wearing suit and tie with me aunt and what looks like a collie greyhound 

My dad and square vardo hereford 1955 ,No better life .

That  dog could keep the family fed when things where tough I was told  . the dog was a proper thief with no respect for boundaries lol . One time so the story goes they stopped over night and the dog

Posted Images

17 hours ago, marshman said:

Kent or Essex mate probably picking hops or fruit . They lived and worked on the fields . This pic was probably taken on a Sunday with their Sunday best on 

My lot called it a holiday imagine saying that to the kids on there holiday ?

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Darbo that lady leading the horse is very like my late mother. I reckon somewhere along the line a couple of our ancestors had a roll in the hay.

I thought exactly the same mate no lie lol.

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, marshman said:

That  dog could keep the family fed when things where tough I was told  . the dog was a proper thief with no respect for boundaries lol . One time so the story goes they stopped over night and the dog goes off on its own for a mooch . Next morning plod looking around the trailers  usual questions and said you ain’t got any lurchers have you ? No why’s that ? Oh there’s been a lurcher going about the village . When plod goes the dog comes out of the hedge with a duck in its mouth . They reckon it would hide if it see a policeman ? apparently the dog would take anything even a duck of the village pond lol 

I had one like that she often brought chickens back, and one day she came home with a joint of beef, my old man rinsed it off in the sink and made a right fuss of the dog lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, two crows said:

I had one like that she often brought chickens back, and one day she came home with a joint of beef, my old man rinsed it off in the sink and made a right fuss of the dog lol.

I had 1 the same mate couldn't catch note but come home wi pork chops still in cellophane loafs of bread and once a big frozen pizza 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

You'd soon be stretched out  ?, must say I've always admired the vardoes I pass by Yorkie Greenwoods place pretty regular and the work he puts into them is something to be seen

Worth a few Bob I expect 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Criss86 said:

My lot called it a holiday imagine saying that to the kids on there holiday ?

Same as mate,picking fruit was a holiday to us kids anyway and we get see our mates we not see for a yr since last picking season.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Darbo that lady leading the horse is very like my late mother. I reckon somewhere along the line a couple of our ancestors had a roll in the hay.

Darbo didn't post that pic I did mate ,the lady in picture is 86 yr old and still strong as a ox.

• Like 3