Bull whippet (Powell's pocket rocket)

Went out a couple of years back with a Powell bull/ whip, did well I thought for what it was bred for, had a bull cross of him about 15 years ago out of two well bred dogs that I knew worked well, the dog was coming on really well but died prematurely, I rang him and he offered me another dog free of charge, FairPlay to him for selling dogs as like he said it's taken him a long time and work to get what he has both terrier and lurcher so do it yourself or pay for one !

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never had one of Powell’s but do have my own first cross dog. Real good animal 

Couple more I've found.

Posted Images

Was in a game fair couple years back an bumped in to afew traveller lads they had brother to my mates dog I was with,the traveller dog was tiny an light boned for the type of xs it was,they said they were there to give Jason a smack for selling them the dog,anyway bumped in to Jason later on that day got chatting,traveller lads walked past so said I said there here to give u a smack over the dog they reckon,Jayson flew over to them with his mate told them straight don’t go round saying things they can’t do,an at the end offered them a pup free of charge,can’t get fairer than that,I think the guys a nice man with well worked dogs,?the look on the gang of travellers faces when they were fronted by the two were priceless ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, mud said:

Was in a game fair couple years back an bumped in to afew traveller lads they had brother to my mates dog I was with,the traveller dog was tiny an light boned for the type of xs it was,they said they were there to give Jason a smack for selling them the dog,anyway bumped in to Jason later on that day got chatting,traveller lads walked past so said I said there here to give u a smack over the dog they reckon,Jayson flew over to them with his mate told them straight don’t go round saying things they can’t do,an at the end offered them a pup free of charge,can’t get fairer than that,I think the guys a nice man with well worked dogs,?the look on the gang of travellers faces when they were fronted by the two were priceless ?

Like that fair play to the big fella

On 01/03/2019 at 13:10, Rugersrob said:

Hello

I used to have a bull whippet from Mr Powell she was small and I dug to her too many times lol.. 

But I must say she was so game and hard to hard for her size. In 2014 I had to put her down due to cancer. She has always been the one dog that has haunted me and couldn't get over (being a terrier man I've had hundreds of dogs over the years but she was the one) so does anyone know anyone with a planed litter? Does Mr Powell still breed them?. Any info much appreciated

Screenshot_20190301-130954_Dropbox.jpgfella I know in North Cornwall had one, looked the part, never seen it go but fella said it was pretty decent and knowing him I wouldn't doubt t.

Cheers, D.

They was a fashion type  bred,but for what they was adverstisd at they excelled at.mine done all and more,great hound and companion,i personally dont agree with powells puppy farm,but i tell myself i saved that pup from poss shit upbringing,still got him,been a asset to me.paid 175 for him , so far ten yrs of fun for us both.

• Like 1