a bit of brown nosing

I've been on this site for nearly a year now and I just want to say it actually blows my mind how much knowledge is on it. I grew up watching Ray Mears and loving the outdoors, and a lot of you on here could probably give him a run for his money. Half the threads I read aren't even anything I do or have ever tried such as knife making, but it all makes for a cracking read. I've learned a few tips here and there from some of the ferreting lads and I genuinely hope to know half as much as you all.

Anyway, thought I'd post this as a bit of appreciation even though it sounds like I'm being a massive licky arse.

Keep up the good work lads and lasses!

Sam

• Like 19

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been on this site for nearly a year now and I just want to say it actually blows my mind how much knowledge is on it. I grew up watching Ray Mears and loving the outdoors, and a lot of you on her

I agree mate - this is a cracking forum  .......... Compared to some, I've only been here 5 minutes but, there's a lot of knowledge on here.  Some of the Saturday night posts have had me ab

Thats the spirit.lets turn this fluffy thread into a offliner.

Posted Images

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbs:

I agree mate - this is a cracking forum :yes:

.......... Compared to some, I've only been here 5 minutes but, there's a lot of knowledge on here. 

Some of the Saturday night posts have had me absolutely pissing myself.

I think that's what makes this place work - it's got good people on it and, it's not too heavily moderated so, you get the entertainment of stuff running riot sometimes :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
4 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbs:

I agree mate - this is a cracking forum :yes:

.......... Compared to some, I've only been here 5 minutes but, there's a lot of knowledge on here. 

Some of the Saturday night posts have had me absolutely pissing myself.

I think that's what makes this place work - it's got good people on it and, it's not too heavily moderated so, you get the entertainment of stuff running riot sometimes :thumbs:

?? it tests patience some nights when a threads lost the plot but there are other days you are balls deep in a thread about picking different mushrooms and u find yourself reading on and on despite hating mushrooms haha. 

19 minutes ago, kinkell said:

Ray mears does my head in.To me he gleans all the info from the local people and puts it over as he told them never watch him anymore

I loved him growing up. His stuff now is a bit like what you say, but when he would just make scran and shelter from nothing it used to blow my mind

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Ffs pass the hankies ?? never took you for a sensitive wee soul sam, stop being a fairy an call somebody a cnut ?

A must be due on katchum ? been a few ive fancied calling the last few days haha

13 hours ago, SamR said:

I've been on this site for nearly a year now and I just want to say it actually blows my mind how much knowledge is on it. I grew up watching Ray Mears and loving the outdoors, and a lot of you on here could probably give him a run for his money. Half the threads I read aren't even anything I do or have ever tried such as knife making, but it all makes for a cracking read. I've learned a few tips here and there from some of the ferreting lads and I genuinely hope to know half as much as you all.

Anyway, thought I'd post this as a bit of appreciation even though it sounds like I'm being a massive licky arse.

Keep up the good work lads and lasses!

Sam

True mate ,there are some very knowledgeable people on this site ,and they do deserve a pat on the back ,...but none of them would be seen dead on the general section so they won't see your post .

• Haha 4