Lucky fella

Trev70

I saved this fella about 3 weeks ago , he had his leg in one of the keepers fen traps so his leg was a mess, he’s lost 2 toes but he’s healing well, with the amount of ticks and fleas on him he’s been living wild for a while, soon be time for him to pay me back with some rabbits before the end of the season ?

E21B9A53-CE35-4E4C-A120-6F490B5C9E8B.jpeg

F45C7027-ED65-471C-8A9D-52F151CF2801.jpeg

F53C2AFC-5A3D-4CB3-AE0C-8DA4F83F0BC9.jpeg

858918EF-C796-4CA9-A7EA-85FCEDDA6BC2.jpeg

39BFC9B9-0526-4BD5-9C3F-417E9FD354D8.jpeg

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 18
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

Well done , you have to give him any antibiotics at all ?

I had a nr miss with a Fenn trap other week luckily was loads of leaves n twigs in it ,  

Yes mate and wash and creamed it up twice a day, the leg was twice the size it is now I didn't Know if it was broken but he was lucky the toes fell off after about a week but all looks good now ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vfr400boy said:

Surprising how nature heals it’s self , was he bad to handle? 

It is mate, he is very good to handle at first I thought it was because he was in shock but even now he still lets me put cream on him and I gave him a bath with tea tree oil with no fuss.

• Like 7

I have caught a few over the years in Fen traps it NEVER kills them but if I catch then in a  IMBRA or A JUBY trap they are dead the same with Rabbits as it is very rare you get a straight Shoulder hit that kills in the proscribed time , so what do our Masters do !!!!!!! they ban the IMBRA and JUBY  and leave us with a light weight badly designed lump of metal called the Fenn a glorified Rat trap and not a very good one at that 

Bottom  Ferret caught in a Fenn some years ago it took me and my Mrs some time to get her out but she was Finger tame in a day and working in Two , a mean killer who punched well above her weight .

Second picture is a big Gelded hob in a Juby died with his boots on , never even moved the trap

Dan  Cain  ! me and Katchum  left a  Ferret a few weeks back and despite introducing  fresh collard Ferrets and digging for five hours, leaving dead Rabbits in holes to monitor  movement , leaving baited cage traps  and repeated  day and night visits the Ferret was not found , every thing possible was done to find this animal but sometimes  Shit happens .

bun156.jpg

P1010349_zps15cd4f34.jpg