Work.......

Deker

Help me out, I have a site which the owner thinks needs ferrets and gas as well as shooting.

The rabbits are only in the margins, they do not live in the open fields, some pics taken yesterday to give an idea.

058.jpg.4c6f72e94d2aa56ea51b303c850fc7cf.jpg050.jpg.a05b7e8667b94ccd474070df38287c66.jpg059.jpg.6354056a1998b22c47af9f6a413ecd30.jpg060.jpg.c52bd94a6a8879e0e757bd849343a2ec.jpg

These are pretty representative pics and my limited knowledge of Ferreting suggests to me this is far from ideal.

Would you use your ferrets in this sort of environment, if so let me know and you can come and try, Reading/Maidenhead type area.

If not, throw some reasons at me why you are not happy.

Cheers

They will be in the open field mate probably using them to breed , j stopped ferreting in the last week of January simply down to the amount of baby rabbits nothing worse than waiting around for the ferret to come away from the nest if you manage to get a couple of good lads who like digging then fair play mate and good look but there’s plenty more options long netting then there’s traps a couple of drop box’s are deadly when in the right place ,must say never been a fan of gassing 

atvb mark and good look

13 minutes ago, mhopton said:

They will be in the open field mate probably using them to breed , j stopped ferreting in the last week of January simply down to the amount of baby rabbits nothing worse than waiting around for the ferret to come away from the nest if you manage to get a couple of good lads who like digging then fair play mate and good look but there’s plenty more options long netting then there’s traps a couple of drop box’s are deadly when in the right place ,must say never been a fan of gassing 

atvb mark and good look

The rabbits certainly get in the open fields, that's where I shoot most of them, but there are no burrows in the field, only the margins!

I've got a similar permission, may not as think as that tho. As big napper said, long nets dogs or shotguns, I've got a mate who comes to mine with his gun and we have had great results.   If I was closer I would be more than happy to come along for a day or  2 s ferreting with you mate.  I'm not a fan of gasing I think its cruel.   Good luck 

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 06:53, beany01 said:

Well ferrets are out if you cant access the other side. Best bet is an air rifle with nv

No chance, they get spooked from a vast distance, HMR along the hedge line when the come out is about the only chance!