2 minutes ago, socks said:

Yhea that’s what I’m trying to do but I’ve only got that poxy little grinder and if I push to hard it stops lol ... I’ve got a 70 inch grinder on order but it’s a ten week waiting list ......

you dont need a big fk off grinder   ive made dozens of knives  , and my belts are 1065 x50     but   there is a 2hp motor driving them  so i get you  but make sure you get a motor at least 2hp   you wont stop that!!!,

6 minutes ago, riohog said:

you dont need a big fk off grinder   ive made dozens of knives  , and my belts are 1065 x50     but   there is a 2hp motor driving them  so i get you  but make sure you get a motor at least 2hp   you wont stop that!!!,

This is what I’m getting in the 3hp 

On 25/02/2019 at 20:03, socks said:

I had a bit of aged oak so I used that as a handle I burned some colour into it using an old worn sanding belt ... not a patch on some of the guys work on here but I’m learning and hopefully I will get better ..... 

DD4F6AF8-131F-4C6C-B76E-B3AFEE2536A2.jpeg

I’ve made acouple now but always used flat stock and just done stock removal blades ,haveing trying to forge one couple week ago I can appreciate how much time and effort as gone into that , I watched couple vids on YouTube on forging and thought “ oh it looks easy I can do that “ after couple hours pounding on a piece of steel I gave up and had something that resembled a scrap price of steel ?. Keep up the good work 

Cheers mate this digger blade Steele is hard to move and doesn’t stay hot for very long ... but it’s good practice and if I can get something out of this the other steels should be much easier ?