I had a bit of aged oak so I used that as a handle I burned some colour into it using an old worn sanding belt ... not a patch on some of the guys work on here but I’m learning and hopefully I will get better ..... 

DD4F6AF8-131F-4C6C-B76E-B3AFEE2536A2.jpeg

• Like 4
8 hours ago, socks said:

I had a bit of aged oak so I used that as a handle I burned some colour into it using an old worn sanding belt ... not a patch on some of the guys work on here but I’m learning and hopefully I will get better ..... 

Keep at it Ken every knife is a learning curve, and if the missus is not happy with the knife, there is plenty of other women out there ?

3 minutes ago, socks said:

Next project is a carving knife .....

569A037E-15C7-4727-83B6-B215E24FBA35.jpeg

thats a far better profile  ken   just a tip .. when you do a full flat grind dont grind right to the top it weakens the spine its not easy when starting out , i know  you need to work out , hight and angle of grind ,the hight and angle of grind will differ on the steel thickness .

23 hours ago, socks said:

I hope ya get better an all that's looks rubbish ?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, riohog said:

thats a far better profile  ken   just a tip .. when you do a full flat grind dont grind right to the top it weakens the spine its not easy when starting out , i know  you need to work out , hight and angle of grind ,the hight and angle of grind will differ on the steel thickness .

Yhea that’s what I’m trying to do but I’ve only got that poxy little grinder and if I push to hard it stops lol ... I’ve got a 70 inch grinder on order but it’s a ten week waiting list ......