Dog whining and barking at night

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then move into  a house you p***y fukcer ......

I presume the dog knows your gone because he can hear the car ??? If that’s the case drive away as normal ... park up about 100 meters away walk back do what you do to shut the dog up then walk back t

I don’t the suppose the bloke wants to lay the mutt on the couch and give it a full psychiatrist going over.....he just wants to stop it whining. Water works, it’s quick, it’s effective.......the

17 hours ago, WILF said:

As has been suggested, give it the water treatment.....it’s harmless and it works.

How do you know it’s harmless?

if you believe you can introduce a fear response  to a stimulus through your actions in clear sight of the dog and not leave a fearful residue, your deluded 

corrections are best made without the dog directly associating its owner in the process, no doubt, 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Casso said:

How do you know it’s harmless?

if you believe you can introduce a fear response  to a stimulus through your actions in clear sight of the dog and not leave a fearful residue, your deluded 

corrections are best made without the dog directly associating its owner in the process, no doubt, 

I don’t the suppose the bloke wants to lay the mutt on the couch and give it a full psychiatrist going over.....he just wants to stop it whining.

Water works, it’s quick, it’s effective.......the end !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.primrose.co.uk/-p-765.html?adtype=pla&kwd=&gclid=CjwKCAjw8qjnBRA-EiwAaNvhwBzXJSu0Xpp5ggAjyhCfqUlMf_QDV1lPKbPae0N_ORSkYoPdZYI_5RoC3ZIQAvD_BwE

This will stop him from barking in two days.

Never used one but a mate swears by it.  I was looking at the reviews though and they seem mixed.

Edited by RTurlough

Some fellow on here made a cracking job of a sound senor activated hose or sprinkler. There would be a market for such a device for sure. Nothing wrong with water as long as the dog knows it is not you espeacially a young dog.

When my dog was a pup he was a right pain in his crate at night and one night I had must been a spoon full of water left in a cup and I threw it at him. He remembered that for years and his 5 now but if I approach his create with a cup his very suspicious so these things stick 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, WILF said:

I don’t the suppose the bloke wants to lay the mutt on the couch and give it a full psychiatrist going over.....he just wants to stop it whining.

Water works, it’s quick, it’s effective.......the end !

Corrections without association would be my first port of call, 

drenching the f****r with water and shocking him will cause negative association , dog has no way of filtering you out of that mate, the f****r can’t do reason 

But it’ll only show in the field and that’s the only place that matters , each to their own 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Casso said:

Corrections without association would be my first port of call, 

drenching the f****r with water and shocking him will cause negative association , dog has no way of filtering you out of that mate, the f****r can’t do reason 

But it’ll only show in the field and that’s the only place that matters , each to their own 

That depends on the dog. Some of them if you whisper too them they are nervy. Others would probably take a baseball bat and still work all day. There is no right or wrong. The springer I have would stick out her tongue if you hosed her and laugh at you. Best dog I've ever had. First day of the hunting season she would run wild and listen to no whistle for no man. We would stop for tea after 2 hours and when she relaxed she would hunt the full season through without a problem. She was that good I just learned to live with it.  2 hours out of each season isn't a big loss.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, RTurlough said:

https://www.primrose.co.uk/-p-765.html?adtype=pla&kwd=&gclid=CjwKCAjw8qjnBRA-EiwAaNvhwBzXJSu0Xpp5ggAjyhCfqUlMf_QDV1lPKbPae0N_ORSkYoPdZYI_5RoC3ZIQAvD_BwE

This will stop him from barking in two days.

Never used one but a mate swears by it.  I was looking at the reviews though and they seem mixed.

It's worked  for your mate has it? I'm thinking of trying something similar.

5 hours ago, jiggy said:

That depends on the dog. Some of them if you whisper too them they are nervy. Others would probably take a baseball bat and still work all day. There is no right or wrong. The springer I have would stick out her tongue if you hosed her and laugh at you. Best dog I've ever had. First day of the hunting season she would run wild and listen to no whistle for no man. We would stop for tea after 2 hours and when she relaxed she would hunt the full season through without a problem. She was that good I just learned to live with it.  2 hours out of each season isn't a big loss.

My springer is like that but on every outing it takes him about 20 minutes of running around chasing stuff with the lurchers then he'll start hitting cover an work all day without a problem 

21 hours ago, jiggy said:

The only time that negative shit shows is when the dog has a Choice , , give it a choice to come to you or interact with something it feels is completely and utterly Positive , decides its next move  

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 07:56, jiggy said:

Them collars can get used wrong in the hands of a fool. I seen a guy that couldn't train his dog an English setter. I've seen him firing shots over and under the bitch for hunting on. He had her hunting with a beagle x pointer that was very good. She was taking everything in front of the bitch. Total wrong thing to do. When the beagle x pointer died then the setter turned into a better dog. When she was loose she ranged out and done what good setters do. As soon as he put collar on her she would walk 2 feet behind him all day. He shot some game over that dog after and all the mistakes were his and not the dogs. She only got to show her talent at 8 year old. That's not the bitchs fault.

jiggy, bark collars and training collars are different. Bark collars shock when the dog barks and it senses the vibration in the dogs throat. If the dog stops barking all is well. If he keeps barking the correction increases. It works well on most dogs.

Money well spent if you have a dog that's animated in the kennel. :thumbs:

Edited by Mickey Finn