Dog whining and barking at night

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then move into  a house you p***y fukcer ......

I presume the dog knows your gone because he can hear the car ??? If that’s the case drive away as normal ... park up about 100 meters away walk back do what you do to shut the dog up then walk back t

I don’t the suppose the bloke wants to lay the mutt on the couch and give it a full psychiatrist going over.....he just wants to stop it whining. Water works, it’s quick, it’s effective.......the

46 minutes ago, the lamping ferreter said:

No from day 1 been out side kennel and run as I say I haven't personally Hurd it as when I'm their he dont do it I'm.only going by what family members have said back to me 

Sounds like family members what shut of it , when I working and mine start whining my missis has only got to show them the length of blue water pipe and they don't make a sound

• Haha 1

If it was my pup I would let it run round yard get used to coming in trailer when i was kid we lived on rd in vardos and trailers and are juckels slept under wagon,trailer with no probs.my old nan  never let dog inside her wagon but my mum felt sorry for our dog and he slept in trailer in bad weather.my dogs kenneld most time but still come into house.

Edited by Moocher71
  • 2 months later...

Get the Missus to throw in an old t-shirt of yours about an hour before dark that is banging with your smell.  Always works great for my pups when I'm away for a day or two.  Just watch if you have any other dogs in the pen they don't rip into eachother fighting for it.  Your pup will be happy lying on your top and I tell ya what it must think alot of you if he is missing you that much.  Sounds like a great wee dog.,

Forget all this crap mate ,there is one surefire way to shut a dog up .Half fill  a bucket of water and leave it outside the kennel .When the dig kicks off empty the lot as hard as you can into his face .Sounds cruel maybe ,but is the only way to fully stop a whiner ,Barker .Few doses of this he won’t make a sound .

• Like 1
15 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Forget all this crap mate ,there is one surefire way to shut a dog up .Half fill  a bucket of water and leave it outside the kennel .When the dig kicks off empty the lot as hard as you can into his face .Sounds cruel maybe ,but is the only way to fully stop a whiner ,Barker .Few doses of this he won’t make a sound .

Agree! My pup done it for 1 night, never heard him again after it lol I just leave the hose outside the pens and that’s more than enough lol 

• Like 1
On 23/05/2019 at 23:16, foxdropper said:

You forgot the electricity part of the training, but very good A-

Pet safe is the most common company selling that stuff in Ireland. I haven't tried them.All my dogs stop barking when I tell them but I had one patterdale bitch that was unreal. Nothing would stop her and I bred a litter of pups out of her and they were worse. Nothing only a fire breathing dragon would stop them. I gifted them all to friends and I'd say they are all single or divorced.

• Haha 2

I had a bark collar here I swore by, one of the lads off here had a Bull X, big stubborn fecker would not shut up in the kennel for love nor money.

Put the collar on him in my kennels while he came in for a coffee, 3 good barks followed by 3 better yelps, the big fecker never made another noise in the kennel whilst wearing the collar, anything with a brain soon begins to realise I bark I get zapped....................happy days  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Them collars can get used wrong in the hands of a fool. I seen a guy that couldn't train his dog an English setter. I've seen him firing shots over and under the bitch for hunting on. He had her hunting with a beagle x pointer that was very good. She was taking everything in front of the bitch. Total wrong thing to do. When the beagle x pointer died then the setter turned into a better dog. When she was loose she ranged out and done what good setters do. As soon as he put collar on her she would walk 2 feet behind him all day. He shot some game over that dog after and all the mistakes were his and not the dogs. She only got to show her talent at 8 year old. That's not the bitchs fault.