• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not after I’ve sprayed them

Not breaking any records further darn sarf! Lot of sweet feeding calls- no Mrs I won't spray your bush. ?

Im really not sure. I was at a woodworm job the other day and there was a big queen very groggily crawling along the drive. i put her somewhere safe and i hope she survives but this warm weather is ca

Posted Images

Would have to disagree (in the Suffolk area at least).

Last year even with the ‘Beast from the East’, we were inundated with wasps, they caused havoc within the beekeeping fraternity. One would expect that a lot of queens were produced so even with a ‘normal winter’ one would expect a reasonable survival rate of over wintered queens - hopefully I’m wrong.

Don’t get me wrong as a healthy wasp population is good - but everything in balance.   

Im really not sure. I was at a woodworm job the other day and there was a big queen very groggily crawling along the drive. i put her somewhere safe and i hope she survives but this warm weather is causing havoc, i saw 2 birds today with twigs for making nests ffs. Insects are out and about but a cold snap and it will kill the lot.

• Like 1

My mate got called out to a wasp nest yesterday. It was at a hospital above a doorway in an air brick with several small wasps coming and going. 

The last one I did was the first week in December which was way past the end of a normal season. 

• 3 weeks later...

I found 3 queens in a box in the garage this afternoon. Covered them back up with some dried leaves. Queen wasps are a good pollinator when they first wake up, plus, if it ain't doing me no harm then I let it be.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming in fairly steady now. 

I'm getting lots of calls from people getting wasps in there houses, don't normally get this many until autumn. Also treated a nest the other day that was producing queens 

DSC_1008.JPG