The ‘good’ old days

21 minutes ago, cragman said:

Current crop of young ‘uns in work at the moment are snowflakes. They won’t tackle most things, always play the health and safety card and sit quietly in the canteen looking at YouTube. I’ve taken to have my dinner out on the moor and not go into the office unless I have to. The dart board has gone, the card school has gone, the push penny table has gone, curry night on Mondays has gone, having a kick about in the yard has gone, they just sit staring at their phones and polishing their cars ? 

Although the slant  might be different they are the same underneath.  Older generation thought the same about us. Long haired girlies that dont want a days work. But its no different to race or colour. You just got to sort the wheat from the chaff. Son in law has just taken on a lad as an apprentice and he sems to be as good as gold. Time wiĺl tell. Recently I was told about another  lad that had jacked a very good well paid  job with about six months to go for another job with no prospect for a few quid extra a week.  He is a Muppet like the bloke who sold his fishing rods to get a packet of fags.

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a youngster in the 70,S and think it was brilliant, I may have rose tinted spectacles on but I feel life takes a massive down hill turn when money becomes our objective, I never had fa so never

Current crop of young ‘uns in work at the moment are snowflakes. They won’t tackle most things, always play the health and safety card and sit quietly in the canteen looking at YouTube. I’ve taken to

Also without wishing to stereotype most of those folk on that film were just the normal typical deadhead dole heads that lived on every estate in Britain, I mean selling your fishing rod for a packet

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, cragman said:

Current crop of young ‘uns in work at the moment are snowflakes. They won’t tackle most things, always play the health and safety card and sit quietly in the canteen looking at YouTube. I’ve taken to have my dinner out on the moor and not go into the office unless I have to. The dart board has gone, the card school has gone, the push penny table has gone, curry night on Mondays has gone, having a kick about in the yard has gone, they just sit staring at their phones and polishing their cars ? 

B@stards fancy doing away with curry night ?

• Like 1

mind there was alot of guys and probebly still is that just lazy bast,,ds and just happy to sponge off the state and fiddle a few quid here and there  ,.as far as todays youngsters go  , the smart ones will do well  there is a world of oppertunaties out there !!.

1 hour ago, timmytree said:

Left school in 74 at 16 years old. Straight into a job, hated it. Changed umpteen times until I bought my first house at 18, married at 19 and kids by 23. Went through sky high interest rates working 2 jobs and moonlighting to pay the mortgage. Finally got made redundant and decided to take the whole summer holidays off with my kids because I hardly knew them I was out so much.

When I came back after 6 weeks I went to sign on and look for work, found a job in 2 days, crap money but a job. Dole people told me not to take it because I'd be worse off! So I claimed for a year and saved enough to buy another car, a motorbike, a caravan and be able to get away with my kids every other weekend and have a life for once.

My priority was to make sure my kids had a roof over their heads, food, warmth and a quality of life which includes being able to spend time with their dad as a real person, not someone who only shows up for odd hours at night and the occasional weekend.

Not everyone on the dole is, or was, a lazy git. Sometimes it was the best option when scumbag employers were paying peanuts for a days graft. The same employers who were quick to take dole people cash in hand to boost their profits.

It isn't much better today, more kids going to university, more qualifications, more hoops to jump through and a minimum wage that is an insult, most people have no choice. I haven't got much but I know people that are living on the breadline and can't get help, they aren't scroungers, just ordinary people who have hit hard times and need help. Trouble is the help isn't there any more and meanwhile the people with money are setting up their off shore accounts and moving their money prior to Brexit so if it happens it will only get worse. It looks to me like maggie Thatcher is still having an influence even though the old bitch is 6 ft under. The working man is worth less now than ever.

Load of shit. 

There's more social mobility now than ever before. Poor paid jobs are a stepping stone, you can work up. 

There are people who due to circumstances are in a bad way but a fit healthy man should always be able to graft and earn enough. If someone with no English can come here and build a life then I'm sure it's possible for most of us 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Load of shit. 

There's more social mobility now than ever before. Poor paid jobs are a stepping stone, you can work up. 

There are people who due to circumstances are in a bad way but a fit healthy man should always be able to graft and earn enough. If someone with no English can come here and build a life then I'm sure it's possible for most of us 

true there shit jobs and good jobs out there, get a decent  brain leave school  and work your way up . ileft school 1968 , done loads of jobs all heavy manual  type work , factory work , building  sites, and finished at a local brewery ,  worked 50 years  hard graft, then finished  12 years ago fooked back. made sure my lad got good job he done well at school got his A levels  etc,  got good job  doing  pensions in office,  glad he didnt end up like me  fooked  in his 50s .