I've often been called pigheaded so when I seen this dude in local butchers I said yeah I'll have a look at that. Most people research first but I  just buy on a whim and worry about it after. Should I roast or boil is the real question  and flavours to add.? My woman for some reason said fcuk off I'm not eating something that is still looking at you.?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I roasted it after and didn't like it too be honest. Too much fat. I eat cow tongue, and heart regular but got kidneys yesterday and didn't like the fat either and should of trimmed them. Probably making brawn would of been a better idea for pig head. Very little lean meat and a sh1t load of fat. I eat a bit of beef liver every week and most find it a bit strong but I like it. I think it's the fatty meat that does me. I'm fine when eating it but a few hours later it starts curdling in my stomach. I think the pig head is just good for stock really and not for eating.

37 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

its only if he starts winking at ye you should worry lol....try sheep tongue and cow tongue also ,amazing taste to the meat

Never had sheep tongue but get cows tongue often and it makes a nice sandwich with brown sauce.

• Like 2

From what I 've read yhe roast hog's heads that grace the table in all the best medieval films are not simply roast pig's heads. What they are is actually a hollow pig mask cut from the skull and stuffed with various other cuts of meat from the pig's body ,vegetables and seasonings. The whole lot is then roasted and when it's role as a table decoration is finished it is carved in such a way that everyone gets a slice pork encased in crunchy,pig-face crackling. I have a couple of boned-out pig masks in the freezer but perhaps  it's as well I don't  have enough friends to host a medieval banquet.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I just threw it on floor for American bulldog took it 2 days to eat a pighead so only good in colder weather really.it didn't like shifting the teeth out lol

Pigs cheeks are bloody delicious !!

Brawn for the pigs head.You saying about the dog reminded me when we caught more feral goats than we could freeze.We gave the old pigdog a whole nanny, he took it in his kennel and  ate it for three days,only coming out to shit.lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Brawn for the pigs head.You saying about the dog reminded me when we caught more feral goats than we could freeze.We gave the old pigdog a whole nanny, he took it in his kennel and  ate it for three days,only coming out to shit.lol.

any photos of the goat hunts Whip? im fond of a bit of ferrel goat hunting myself at times