Who do you admire?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I admire my old dad . He never had a famous line of terriers never wrote a book never grassed nobody never tolerated thieves . Although he did have a line of terriers. He always had a dog that wa

Country folks farmers and landowners that let lads work their dogs in peace and understand us because as the years go by they are becoming less and less. 

At the end of the day we're all just polishing turds, no one recreated the wheel,  if it wasn't in them, you couldn't fetch it out.  I admire all of the named terrier men, past and present,  most

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

They shouldn’t ‘expect’ it, but what sort of c*nt would take a pup off someone for free and not want to return the favour in the future?

35 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

They shouldn’t ‘expect’ it, but what sort of c*nt would take a pup off someone for free and not want to return the favour in the future?

I was looking for a lurcher pup on here a few months back a decent fella offered me exactly what I was looking for free of charge we’ve kept in touch since then and he was trying to get back into a terrier or 2 and I gifted him a young unentered dog. I didn’t have to give him anything but he looked after me so why not look after him back. Down the line if I’ve spare pups it won’t cost me a taught to send him one. 

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, shaneg said:

I was looking for a lurcher pup on here a few months back a decent fella offered me exactly what I was looking for free of charge we’ve kept in touch since then and he was trying to get back into a terrier or 2 and I gifted him a young unentered dog. I didn’t have to give him anything but he looked after me so why not look after him back. Down the line if I’ve spare pups it won’t cost me a taught to send him one. 

I would have charged him a grand for the unentered terrier all the feeding and raring = time and money 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, shaneg said:

Well said Shane, that’s exactly how it should be. Lads shouldn’t have to be told the ‘rules’ of gifting pups but if they’re decent enough people it should come second nature to them to return a favour. And these lads that say they wouldn’t like a gifted pup because they like to do what they want with a dog, then that’s fair enough, just buy one from the ad mags and don’t whinge about struggling to get in the right circles. 

• Like 5

The two of you paint a beautiful picture but with so many wankpots in the game is it any wonder the famous circles will not entertain anyone else let alone gift pups to any Tom and dick.... glad you found love on the net Shane ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Spot on R.H. also if I gifted out a pup it would be in the best interest of the line for future benefit. If such a person wasn't interested in respecting that they would not get a pup full stop. They could opt to buy of Peds if they want.

• Like 1

There’s pros and cons with both gifted and bought terriers. I haven’t bought in a terrier in a very long time but I can understand lads kind of feeling trapped with what they can and can’t do with their own dogs but it’s as easy to turn down a pup as it is to accept it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Well said Shane, that’s exactly how it should be. Lads shouldn’t have to be told the ‘rules’ of gifting pups but if they’re decent enough people it should come second nature to them to return a favour. And these lads that say they wouldn’t like a gifted pup because they like to do what they want with a dog, then that’s fair enough, just buy one from the ad mags and don’t whinge about struggling to get in the right circles. 

I’d have no bother buying a dog either luckily enough I’ve a few good lads about me that gift me everything I ever need and I’ll try return the favour when I bred. A few years back I lost a few workers and was down to the bare minimum on terriers. A mate of mine has the same dogs as me but his cousin had an 11 month old pup of him at the time. He herd my run of luck and he rang up and gifted me the bitch I only knew him to say well to at the time. A few years have passed and he’s found himself in the same boat as me and I gifted him 2 pups last year and since then I’ve found myself digging with him every weekend and that bitch he gave me turned out decent and hope I’ll have pups this summer and I’ll look after him 

• Like 6
59 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

As it should be Shane .It all goes tits up when one dosnt feel the need to play ball and stick with the plan .

Thank good I’ve a 4or 5 mates that all look out for each other we might only get out 2-3 times a season together because of distance but they look after me with dogs and I try do the same 

• Like 6

I don't know how long you have been into terriers RH or how many litters you've bred but I can assure you there are plenty of so called c**ts out there who never return the favour when gifted a pup, but when someone says to me this or that lad never offered me anything out of the pup they gifted, that's when things go downhill, so me personally I never "expect" anything and when I do that's when you know lads are decent.

• Like 4

Gifting pups is a time honoured tradition in our neck of the woods. Pups are gifted to genuine honest lads we know to be in it for all the right reasons. Money never comes into it. The only stipulation is that if the terrier is going anywhere it comes back to the breeder other than that it's theirs to do with as they please. (Providing of course the animal is cared for properly.) This business of the breeder having a say in how or with whom it's bred is rubbish imo and wouldn't be tolerated round here...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Apache... said:

I don't know how long you have been into terriers RH or how many litters you've bred but I can assure you there are plenty of so called c**ts out there who never return the favour when gifted a pup, but when someone says to me this or that lad never offered me anything out of the pup they gifted, that's when things go downhill, so me personally I never "expect" anything and when I do that's when you know lads are decent.

I agree with that Apache, I’ve been at it long enough now to know how everything works and like you say there is plenty of c*nts out there. But they’re an exception rather than the rule with the right lads from what I’ve seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1