Breeding

Hi all my old dog is getting on abit and would like a pup or 2 off him again as his last litter is all doing well . But the only bitch I have that’s 100% and done 2 season is his daughter . Would it be wrong to breed father to daughter ? Just after other lads options . No arguments or sly comments thanks

12 hours ago, darencross said:

Hi all my old dog is getting on abit and would like a pup or 2 off him again as his last litter is all doing well . But the only bitch I have that’s 100% and done 2 season is his daughter . Would it be wrong to breed father to daughter ? Just after other lads options . No arguments or sly comments thanks

Go for it sure nothing wrong with well worth a try, you can let the bitches brothers watch?

• Haha 2

Nothing wrong with what you have planned mate. It’s how lines are created and kept tight .

Grandfather ,granddaughter is ok too .

Some like to use uncles and cousins but only really needed if you intend to breed many litters for some reason or you lose a terrier in the program .

• Like 1
On 22/02/2019 at 03:04, darencross said:

Some of the most reliable breeding is father to daughter,mother to son etc.id breed that way rather than other routes.

• Like 2