Into the Wild ..Chris McCandless

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Step one;  crap pants.  Step two; point gun.  Step three; make noise.  Step four; bear makes decision.  Step five; (if I’ve survived step four) shoot dogs for letting him that clos

Ok.  Ive had a lot of experience with bears(at least my dogs have) so I don’t worry to much.  Ive never crossed pathes with a true “ predator bear (or I wouldn’t be writing this) but some ar

Gone anytime from over night to two weeks.  Landscape is bush or forest as you guys would call it. Looking out of my front window is straight bush for ever until you hit the NWT.  Nope, I’m

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Seen all the Life Below Zero they was great.....apart from that silly fat bird i forget her name her voice went right through me after about 5 minutes.

?

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

them kitchners are multimillionaires from beef production etc.....1 daughter's a film star lol,that big barge and some of the plant equipment is not cheap......they ain't ruffing shit?

Can’t really hold that against them though, they’re living a life I could only dream about, hunting fishing living off the land and getting well paid pretty smart folks it you ask me and come across as decent people. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Yeah that sounds a bit of me just f**k off with a dog into the middle of nowhere for a few weeks....only in the summer of course ?....i,ll have a look at that.

Seen all the Life Below Zero they was great.....apart from that silly fat bird i forget her name her voice went right through me after about 5 minutes.

You could really regret doing that in Scotland and some parts of the north, anyone who has fished in spring (summer can be bad aswell though) in Scotland will know what I mean, give me a few dozen grizzlies over 10 trillion midges in every nook and cranny any day ??

20 hours ago, JDHUNTING said:

You could really regret doing that in Scotland and some parts of the north, anyone who has fished in spring (summer can be bad aswell though) in Scotland will know what I mean, give me a few dozen grizzlies over 10 trillion midges in every nook and cranny any day ??

Nah been there done that....piece of piss ?.....i had a daft bet with a mate that i couldnt spend a week on my own in a remote part of Britain about 5 years ago i really enjoyed it and its probably what got the bit between my teeth for all this wild living caper......the midges didnt mess with my aftershave ?

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Nah been there done that....piece of piss ?.....i had a daft bet with a mate that i couldnt spend a week on my own in a remote part of Britain about 5 years ago i really enjoyed it and its probably what got the bit between my teeth for all this wild living caper......the midges didnt mess with my aftershave ?

? You'll have to let me know what your trick was, I've tried everything and to make it worse the dots stay on me for about two months ? I had some funny looks with about 500 bites on my face.

Been caught out when it's like this it sends you mad you can feel every bite

7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Gnash. Have you ever seen Happy People: A Year In The Taiga?

It's not exactly McCandless style disappearing, it's closer to off grid living. It follows the hunters and trappers living out in the Siberian wilderness for a year. If the Yank reality stuff gets on your nerves this is a pretty good antidote for it.

• Like 1

There is a scene on happy people, where he’s going home to “see” his wife. Lol

watch how his dog runs beside his snow machine. Somewhere between 20and 30 kl per hour for 120 kl(?). Damn impressive.

That same dog(bitch) will spend its time sleeping outside in -30c weather. 

Tough animal.  

• Thanks 1
On 03/03/2019 at 18:25, JDHUNTING said:

? You'll have to let me know what your trick was, I've tried everything and to make it worse the dots stay on me for about two months ? I had some funny looks with about 500 bites on my face.

Been caught out when it's like this it sends you mad you can feel every bite

f**k me it was nowhere near as bad as that i do remember breaking out into a bit of a trot a few times though ?

Cant remember exactly what month i went now but think it might have been a bit early for the midgies March/April maybe.

21 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Gnash. Have you ever seen Happy People: A Year In The Taiga?

It's not exactly McCandless style disappearing, it's closer to off grid living. It follows the hunters and trappers living out in the Siberian wilderness for a year. If the Yank reality stuff gets on your nerves this is a pretty good antidote for it.

Blimey that looks good Chris i just checked Netflix its not on there but its on Youtube in about 4 parts.....good man thankyou ?