Into the Wild ..Chris McCandless

Watched the film Into the Wild last night i thought it was good the kid played the part well exactly as id pictured him from reading the book.

Not sure about that America Unplugged though Lurcherman its all a bit.....well.....American !....i like the idea of this wild living because it seems like fun they like it because of some apocalyptic catastrophe or electromagnetic pulse whatever the f**k they,re on about.....yanks have to do things crash bang wallop style dont they that Scott Hunt just seems like a gadget man to me all this off grid self sustained living but whats he going to do when he runs out of bullets ?......all that food they have stored what happens in the event of a storm that wrecks his little storage shed they,re all dead !....people chopping trees about with brand new stihl chainsaws claiming they,re living wild....ive watched about 3 episodes now and just finding myself non stop criticising its doing my head in ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Step one;  crap pants.  Step two; point gun.  Step three; make noise.  Step four; bear makes decision.  Step five; (if I’ve survived step four) shoot dogs for letting him that clos

Ok.  Ive had a lot of experience with bears(at least my dogs have) so I don’t worry to much.  Ive never crossed pathes with a true “ predator bear (or I wouldn’t be writing this) but some ar

Gone anytime from over night to two weeks.  Landscape is bush or forest as you guys would call it. Looking out of my front window is straight bush for ever until you hit the NWT.  Nope, I’m

Posted Images

7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Watched the film Into the Wild last night i thought it was good the kid played the part well exactly as id pictured him from reading the book.

Not sure about that America Unplugged though Lurcherman its all a bit.....well.....American !....i like the idea of this wild living because it seems like fun they like it because of some apocalyptic catastrophe or electromagnetic pulse whatever the f**k they,re on about.....yanks have to do things crash bang wallop style dont they that Scott Hunt just seems like a gadget man to me all this off grid self sustained living but whats he going to do when he runs out of bullets ?......all that food they have stored what happens in the event of a storm that wrecks his little storage shed they,re all dead !....people chopping trees about with brand new stihl chainsaws claiming they,re living wild....ive watched about 3 episodes now and just finding myself non stop criticising its doing my head in ?

Top tip .... don’t listen to fukc all lurcherman says .......

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, terryd said:

Bit like Alaska: The Last Frontier they make out its all life and death but there minted sure the old guy is a millionaire.

This is funny  https://theblast.com/alaska-last-frontier-atz-lee-kilcher-cliff-fall/  one of them trying to sue because he fell off a cliff not exactly davie crockett material 

you can rent a log cabin at the bottom of their garden.....£1600 per week,they don't allow you to their main house?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Defo over the top gnash but f**k me that engineer fella is 1 clever man.. the yanks are always like that to much ! 

17 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

you can rent a log cabin at the bottom of their garden.....£1600 per week,they don't allow you to their main house?

None of the "reality" stars on TV are skint,i remember swamp people was my favourite show,i read somewhere that troy landry the alligator hunter was offering days out,i e-mailed and it was somewhere in the region of $4000 a day,and even then he mightn't be the one to take you,if he was busy his brother-in-law would take you,they earn $25,000 an episode.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Theres a guy on YouTube i watch called joe robinet. He does videos where he goes off for a few nights with limited equipment and builds shelters etc pretty interesting.

Yeah that sounds a bit of me just f**k off with a dog into the middle of nowhere for a few weeks....only in the summer of course ?....i,ll have a look at that.

Seen all the Life Below Zero they was great.....apart from that silly fat bird i forget her name her voice went right through me after about 5 minutes.

• Like 1