Into the Wild ..Chris McCandless

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Step one;  crap pants.  Step two; point gun.  Step three; make noise.  Step four; bear makes decision.  Step five; (if I’ve survived step four) shoot dogs for letting him that clos

Ok.  Ive had a lot of experience with bears(at least my dogs have) so I don’t worry to much.  Ive never crossed pathes with a true “ predator bear (or I wouldn’t be writing this) but some ar

Gone anytime from over night to two weeks.  Landscape is bush or forest as you guys would call it. Looking out of my front window is straight bush for ever until you hit the NWT.  Nope, I’m

Posted Images

A friend of mine by the name of John Harrison crossed the amazon rain forest years ago, long before edd  Stafford with nothing more than an old shotgun  a machete and a folding canoe, no sat nav and no sat phone and he took his wife along as well, he wrote a book called,, off the map,,  about his journey if you like that kind of adventure it’s well worth a read  ??

• Like 1

I have met a few people doing extreme things,once met a guy in hunza why was riding his bike overland from Hong Kong to the UK.In HK I met a kiwi guy who was off the f***ing scale,seriously impressive,he was walking around the world,would have loved to hear how his journey ended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, mackem said:

I have met a few people doing extreme things,once met a guy in hunza why was riding his bike overland from Hong Kong to the UK.In HK I met a kiwi guy who was off the f***ing scale,seriously impressive,he was walking around the world,would have loved to hear how his journey ended.

With sore feet I would imagine ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Anyone into nutters disappearing into the wilds there's a film of a guy called Timothy Treadwell that's worth a watch, the bloke went to live with bears in Alaska he's charging them down when there fishing and everything proper screw loose

2 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Anyone into nutters disappearing into the wilds there's a film of a guy called Timothy Treadwell that's worth a watch, the bloke went to live with bears in Alaska he's charging them down when there fishing and everything proper screw loose

Didn’t end well for him though did it lol ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1