Massed Pipes & Drums parade through Deeside town to start the Ballater Highland Games 2018

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i can only imagine the fear the bagpipes instilled in an enemy when they heard the pipes in the distance but couldn't see anything, just the sound getting louder - makes your hair stand up; a big figh

My all time favourite    

Posted Images

I think it depends on the ability of the player like most instruments and also the quality of the piece they play. There was a pipe band a few hundreds from me when I was a kid and it was like banshees on practice night. I even went a few times myself before I realised I didn't have the gift but hung around because their was a few young ones spinning them fluffy drumsticks around in short skirts. They were like a council housing estate version of cheerleaders. ??? 

• Haha 1

My favorite chanter on the pipes and drums....A wee side note,in the trenches during the first world war the huns on hearing the pipes as the Scots regiments were charging used to call them "the devils in skirts" ? lol

• Like 1

Amazing to hear pipes being played either traditional tunes or modern songs. Tail end of last year I finally managed to see red hot chilli pipers play live after many years of listening to there stuff. They even had a local school pipe band come along to get involved and wow. Also had the pleasure of seeing a scotish rock folk band Soar patrol  who use pipes as well.