Massed Pipes & Drums parade through Deeside town to start the Ballater Highland Games 2018

i can only imagine the fear the bagpipes instilled in an enemy when they heard the pipes in the distance but couldn't see anything, just the sound getting louder - makes your hair stand up; a big fight was over the horizon.im welsh but appreciate the bagpipes is something special.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i can only imagine the fear the bagpipes instilled in an enemy when they heard the pipes in the distance but couldn't see anything, just the sound getting louder - makes your hair stand up; a big figh

My all time favourite    

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Chid said:

Missus plays the pipes , she plays the Brian boru pipes not the highland pipes tho 

iv'e never heard of the brian boru pipes chid.is your missus in a band.if she is any links to the video.

Just now, Arry said:

Oh mate I love the pipes. I've no idea why I'm down in Devon and no connection with Scotland. I find they very moving. Thank you.

Cheers Arry

it definately strikes something in the soul listening to them arry.fair play to the scot's 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, king said:

it sound's familiar and i think i know it 1 second and then i dont.are them pipes native to the irish chid.cracking sound on them.

It’s actually 2 songs , they play the last few notes of Derry’s walls than go into the sash 

and no there not native to over here they was actually made made in London 

6 minutes ago, Chid said:

It’s actually 2 songs , they play the last few notes of Derry’s walls than go into the sash 

and no there not native to over here they was actually made made in London 

ah fair play chid.you not fancy joining the band.i was in a brass band as a kid.the band hall was on the end of my street.

4 minutes ago, king said:

ah fair play chid.you not fancy joining the band.i was in a brass band as a kid.the band hall was on the end of my street.

I couldn’t play a tune to save my life ... I just stick to walking behind them ?

• Like 2

right not to take anything away from the pipes on here which i think are awesome. i seen this video about 6 month's ago. a guy playing a handpan iv'e never heard of 1 before.but the sound is amazing.especially considering all the sound's are coming from the 1 instrument.ive watched it about 10 time's since.

• Thanks 2