Running dog addiction

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a good nook r d i n as for darcy he's sound I like his old dog even more not everyone can or will get on in life whoever it is but i take people as I find them n he's been spot on with me always h

Darcy is a 1st class wanker. The book is not to bad though.

As a book I think it was the turning point for genuine lurcherwork being told how it is, before it all we had was Plummer etc. I enjoyed the book and the author obviously does a bit and enjoys writing

Posted Images

4 hours ago, two crows said:

over my time with coursing dogs, I have seen and owned one or two first class dogs, however a lot of so called top class dogs are only decent in reality, books fib, and video's are edited you cant judge a dog from a video, I have seen good dogs that do threes, but are far from top class, a proper class dog may not kill more hares, but they have style, and give you something to remember even on a miss, most of the bigged up dogs of recent years in books or otherwise are just that bigged up, taking 5 mins to catch average hares in a dyke or cover not great dogs for me. (sorry for going on but people trying to get a name in running dogs by bragging piss me off)

What dogs did you class as good I no there plenty lads that keep themselves to themselves but surely for the game down south Blondie dancer little indi Carson bulldozer lucus the first two were top class I've watched the Vidios they are great animals for what there breed for you have to give them that if you were deadly seriose about coursing Shurley the forely were  at the top little indi still one my favourites books just take them.for what they are and il.not comment on Darcy I've never met him but them that have reckon he's ok live and let live that's my motto ?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

What dogs did you class as good I no there plenty lads that keep themselves to themselves but surely for the game down south Blondie dancer little indi Carson bulldozer lucus the first two were top class I've watched the Vidios they are great animals for what there breed for you have to give them that if you were deadly seriose about coursing Shurley the forely were  at the top little indi still one my favourites books just take them.for what they are and il.not comment on Darcy I've never met him but them that have reckon he's ok live and let live that's my motto ?

I think you not far off there mate with your assessment, I had a bitch called fly as good as any of em foxy top draw, toms old bitch belle great bitch. a lot of other more modern dogs shouted about, one you mention and others , just decent imo, but I don't get out in company much these days (my choice) so don't see many run now.

• Like 3

Funny old game the dogs my mate had a few cracking dogs over the years some id gladly took a pup of but he never breed a dog in his life it just wasent his thing shame lad even offered him money to breed the bitch his dog also was a topper just good blood that died away i suppose everthing comes to a end . 

9 hours ago, two crows said:

I think you not far off there mate with your assessment, I had a bitch called fly as good as any of em foxy top draw, toms old bitch belle great bitch. a lot of other more modern dogs shouted about, one you mention and others , just decent imo, but I don't get out in company much these days (my choice) so don't see many run now.

Was Fly bred in the North East? 

5 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

The varity and individual styles of writing in edrd mags are unbeatable ?

not had one for years was all ways a good read articles written by ordinary dog lads, for each other, plummer used to call it an underground publication cos it was subscription only (twat).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, joe ox said:

A lurcher can only be an outstanding animal if it is able to retrieve a hens egg to hand unbroken like scooby ?

Me grandad dog used to tek 2 or 3 eggs in his trap and run them up to his grandad jumping fences as he went 

I think I've inherited his knack of tall stories and outrageous lies

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, two crows said:

Edited by Black neck
Corbaling