Ferret carry bag net bag game bag all in one

1 minute ago, The one said:

Maybe nice if your having a wander but whats wrong with a pocket full  of nets and a small ferret box under your jacket  my problems always been carrying the spade , even leaving a spade the day before and picking it up when your going out you look  a odd ball wandering about carrying a spade 

always had a pocket of nets & a small jill in a bag inside my jacket. found even a small box bulky plus the noise of Ferret scratching. like you the spade has always been a problem. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some say it's missing rabbits I call it leaving for another day. but for me these days it's not about numbers it's enjoying mooching. if it's pest control people are doing I understand its different. 

I do my fair share the same way mate....love a nice mooch bolting a few bits and bobs for the runners.....only when we go up north for a full day at it  trying to up the bag count we need the bigger h

my kind of dog looked a beauty mate?

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, fred90 said:

always had a pocket of nets & a small jill in a bag inside my jacket. found even a small box bulky plus the noise of Ferret scratching. like you the spade has always been a problem. 

For little mooching outings out of the way i use a military fold up spade not the best but can do a job. They make them now which has 3 adjustable lengths up to 24inch but folds up in a small pack.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, C.green said:

What youse need is a little bitch ferret that dont stick. Had one for years never stuck a collar on it had ferrets stay with rabbits in same warren would allways bolt what it could then be onto the next. 

that's my kind of ferreting. being a freelancer I don't want a Ferret to stay. I like them to bolt or leave them. no good for some but best ferrets for me. 

• Like 1

Yes exactly neither of my jills stick which is fine by me. They will have a go then come out.
Last thing I want to be doing is dig but I would never go with out a spade because you just never know.
There is a fella on here and facebook I think who makes the screw together spades. Think they are about 60 quid mind. Not sure how long they are in bits. I can't remember his name though

9 minutes ago, terryd said:

Yes exactly neither of my jills stick which is fine by me. They will have a go then come out.
Last thing I want to be doing is dig but I would never go with out a spade because you just never know.
There is a fella on here and facebook I think who makes the screw together spades. Think they are about 60 quid mind. Not sure how long they are in bits. I can't remember his name though

some say it's missing rabbits I call it leaving for another day. but for me these days it's not about numbers it's enjoying mooching. if it's pest control people are doing I understand its different. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, fred90 said:

Aye deffo id ratger just mooch and try and bolt what the dogs mark then messing about with nets n that too much.

yep skimmer jills I call them ...skimming round bolting easy rabbits....but them bunnys that want a fight they leave.....not the best ferrets...however they serve a very usefull purpose......mind that skimmer of mine stuck for an hour and half one day this season....and killed a number bunnys even though shes just a little thing...lol

as for spades on a mooch......the short handled army spade...the things you see straped to the back of MOD vehicles .....mine fits inside my my jacket...the blade of the spade in the bottom inside pocket of my old wax jacket....and the T handle under my armpit....a bit like being on crutches...ferret in a pillow case..

seen one of them bags on Friday whilst out with a fella....I must say I like the look of it ...good design

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, TOMO said:

yep skimmer jills I call them ...skimming round bolting easy rabbits....but them bunnys that want a fight they leave.....not the best ferrets...however they serve a very usefull purpose......mind that skimmer of mine stuck for an hour and half one day this season....and killed a number bunnys even though shes just a little thing...lol

as for spades on a mooch......the short handled army spade...the things you see straped to the back of MOD vehicles .....mine fits inside my my jacket...the blade of the spade in the bottom inside pocket of my old wax jacket....and the T handle under my armpit....a bit like being on crutches...ferret in a pillow case..

seen one of them bags on Friday whilst out with a fella....I must say I like the look of it ...good design

Give me the skimmers any day. but my type of ferreting is very different to yours. strictly strolling about part time compared to you but still enjoying it ?

1 minute ago, fred90 said:

Give me the skimmers any day. but my type of ferreting is very different to yours. strictly strolling about part time compared to you but still enjoying it ?

I do my fair share the same way mate....love a nice mooch bolting a few bits and bobs for the runners.....only when we go up north for a full day at it  trying to up the bag count we need the bigger hobs....

always be a place I recon for a skimmer...:thumbs:

• Like 2

Ive never seen the need for anything like that or net pouches i sling a game bag over my shoulder with 50 nets in and try no to walk over a burrow more than  i need too  , when i finish put them in piles of 10 and pick them up . I dropped a unbreakable flask in my game bag one day and while it didn't break it certainly put a good dent in it i can see a bag like that offering the ferret much protectection 

Had a  man on here make me a carry box that’s shaped like a tunnel so the bottom of it fits in a little rucksack the flat bottom against your back only small but does the job nets in side pockets army fold up spade just look like a rambler only used on places I don’t know land owner don’t do pics but if Joe wants he can put pic up it’s a great piece of workmanship atb Flacko