Fishing Competition 2019

12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

just keep trickling in a steady amount of fed....a line in the margins ,then out in front,alternate between then if they go quiet ,adjust your depth,fish on the drop or bottom, get the fish competing for the bait and hold on?be plenty of lads there for tips .....I'm not the best at explaining things ?you be sound joe?

Or..... let him stick his hands in the maggots, stick sweet corn up his nose, step on your rods, swish the landing net around in your swim, throw stones at the ducks.... then an hour later moan that he's bored and wants to go home....

Well that's how I remember it with mine when they were 5 Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right Lads First Thanks to everyone who attended, helped, organised and generally made the effort again to make this a success. No one ever comes to this weekend and doesn't generally muck i

Another cracking weekend...everyone was on top form, and all put their hands in their pockets to raise another fair lump.of money considering we're just a group of blokes in a field! I'm not long

Main problem is rivers are unpredictable. If we fished a river this year we would have had trees coming past due to the amount of rain. The comp was the idea of Arch, Wilf and me and your ri

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I normally fish the bottom never confident in mid water always end up moving up and down in the hope of a bite. Probably fish maggot with the boy in the hope of some tiddler snatching then maybe meat or corn in the hope of some peace lol. Missus is away abroad tonight to send the dogs back courier  and pallet my fishing gear etc back to UK . All on the up and up. ?

In the summer the fish happily move up in the water... as Sean said, keep the bait trickling in and they will compete for it moving up in the water...

Commercial fisheries have moved this up a few notches with loads of carp competing like hell for grub... but my favourite is fishing for chub shallow on the river, fish a waggler and keep trickling in maggots start deep and keep moving up, you'll get then swirling on the surface if you get the feeding right...had some decent bags like this...

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

When i last moved house I found the “one 4 craigyboy” United shirt I brought when the comp was at mine, and I would like to donate back to the competition so it lives on every year instead of sat in a suitcase, if anyone is passing mine on the way and can pick it up? Or newkid send me an address and I’ll post it down ?

838D9CD3-4D8F-406A-BF88-6AF57F883113.jpeg.a19ac24890d28a75afdf4647f62d09cc.jpeg

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

When i last moved house I found the “one 4 craigyboy” United shirt I brought when the comp was at mine, and I would like to donate back to the competition so it lives on every year instead of sat in a suitcase, if anyone is passing mine on the way and can pick it up? Or newkid send me an address and I’ll post it down ?

838D9CD3-4D8F-406A-BF88-6AF57F883113.jpeg.a19ac24890d28a75afdf4647f62d09cc.jpeg

Nice one mate....

I remember getting that one made, you had no choice in buying it either lol...

I'll send you my address...or you could pop down for the weekend?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Nice one mate....

I remember getting that one made, you had no choice in buying it either lol...

I'll send you my address...or you could pop down for the weekend?

Lol cost me £50 in the end! the old manc kunt would be pissing himself i brought it lol and I'd love to mate if there's a spare peg?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

Lol cost me £50 in the end! the old manc kunt would be pissing himself i brought it lol and I'd love to mate if there's a spare peg?

We've got loads of room mate, I'll my mate know how many are fishing nearer the time and he'll put a couple of lakes back for us

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

We've got loads of room mate, I'll my mate know how many are fishing nearer the time and he'll put a couple of lakes back for us

No carp lake this year .....  

26 minutes ago, socks said:

No carp lake this year .....  

No chance on that mate...there are only 10 pegs on the silver lake...so we have to split it...we can do 2 carp lakes though..

6 minutes ago, socks said:

The guys on the carp lake have an advantage though ......

Well we'll put it on 2 carp lakes then and take the silver lake out....

Or bring every carp down to 2lb?

If 20 people are fishing we can't all get on 1 lake mate.. 

Else we draw fairly for both lakes...obviously some lads are only set up to carp fish though....

Or we ban bait and hooks....that should make it a level playing field lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When I fished it a few weeks back, Dave had 10 carp out of that middle lake in just over an hour...they aren't big fish 3-5lb size...we could put that one in and the top one...there are silvers in both of those as well...but everyone has a chance for a carp....

I'm not worried how we do it to be honest....

there's plenty of fish in them lakes to keep everyone ticking away catching?you don't need heavy gear.....we could have every carp 1 lb? the most important thing is enjoying ourselves and raising a few bob for a worthy cause...

don't forget what it's all about?f**k me,lets get a bigger throphy.... everyone gets their name on an achievement certificate so everyone's a winner baby??

• Haha 1