Fishing Competition 2019

9 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I think it's difficult enough to keep it going people have busy lives I've missed a few but try to make it every year if the venue became a huge challenge then less people would be willing to organise it. You did well getting it on a river but it's certainly different with club waters down here I thought about the Wye but some is 4 anglers to a mile and pre-booked months in advance or clubs or syndicated. Anyways it's still been going years and it's the longevity that matters in my view. 

Understood :thumbs: like I said was a genuine question with no malice intended 

• Like 2

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right Lads First Thanks to everyone who attended, helped, organised and generally made the effort again to make this a success. No one ever comes to this weekend and doesn't generally muck i

Another cracking weekend...everyone was on top form, and all put their hands in their pockets to raise another fair lump.of money considering we're just a group of blokes in a field! I'm not long

Main problem is rivers are unpredictable. If we fished a river this year we would have had trees coming past due to the amount of rain. The comp was the idea of Arch, Wilf and me and your ri

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

I thought the comp was all set up around river fishing anyway and getting people away from sitting round a carp puddle? What happened there? 

Main problem is rivers are unpredictable.

If we fished a river this year we would have had trees coming past due to the amount of rain.

The comp was the idea of Arch, Wilf and me and your right it was to be a traditional river comp, hence the first one being organised by Arch on the trent and you putting up your brother's accommodation...it was a good do....but the fishing was hard for most as again the river was in flood..I think 8 blanked!

We always try and organise a day river fishing or sea fishing on the Saturday to compensate for the match on a puddle.

The comp is a lot different to the first one, it's not just a piss up anymore, a lot of lads bring there kids, we get out with the dogs, go fishing, go down the beach etc etc.... its evolved quite a bit but the core of it is a get together each year and raise a few bob.... I enjoy seeing everyone and catching up, I know you dont drink anymore but that shouldn't stop you coming, we have a drink, obviously, but there is a lot more than that.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Main problem is rivers are unpredictable.

If we fished a river this year we would have had trees coming past due to the amount of rain.

The comp was the idea of Arch, Wilf and me and your right it was to be a traditional river comp, hence the first one being organised by Arch on the trent and you putting up your brother's accommodation...it was a good do....but the fishing was hard for most as again the river was in flood..I think 8 blanked!

We always try and organise a day river fishing or sea fishing on the Saturday to compensate for the match on a puddle.

The comp is a lot different to the first one, it's not just a piss up anymore, a lot of lads bring there kids, we get out with the dogs, go fishing, go down the beach etc etc.... its evolved quite a bit but the core of it is a get together each year and raise a few bob.... I enjoy seeing everyone and catching up, I know you dont drink anymore but that shouldn't stop you coming, we have a drink, obviously, but there is a lot more than that.

Fair enough mate. Tbh the amount of f***ing about I did to get us on that stretch in the first place, then the work I had to do for them as a thank you after probably wasn’t worth it anyway lol least it’s a guarantee on a lake ?

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Fair enough mate. Tbh the amount of f***ing about I did to get us on that stretch in the first place, then the work I had to do for them as a thank you after probably wasn’t worth it anyway lol least it’s a guarantee on a lake ?

Yeah that's the problem with natural waters mate, I'd fish a river over a pond every time...but it's hard work..

We could fish the Exe fairly easily as I know the club well....but no way we would've this time!!

Organising is a bit easier when you have a fishery who support you like this one, the only thing missing is your brothers bar! Lol

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah that's the problem with natural waters mate, I'd fish a river over a pond every time...but it's hard work..

We could fish the Exe fairly easily as I know the club well....but no way we would've this time!!

Organising is a bit easier when you have a fishery who support you like this one, the only thing missing is your brothers bar! Lol

And you get no bald c**ts on a jetski on lakes lol 

I’m glad it’s still running ok anyway mate, that’s all that matters and even better you all enjoy it as regular thing.....keep up the good work and I’m sure I’ll tag along one year ?

• Like 3

I defo say where its at now would be hard to beat as you got everything there all at the lakes  good camping facilities food at the lake tackle shop for bits n bobs u might need lakes there great owners of the venue river nearby beatiful part of country and yes it far for most but it would be hard find all that in 1 place again and look how much work we me you and arch ahad to do to get enough pegs  fishable for the first one and round the lake seems better bit more social and best of all fishing is a lot more guaranteed and not at the mercy of idiots on jrt skis lol

• Like 6

For those of you that think it's a full on competition and dick measuring......couldn't be far enough from the truth...nothing to do with the folks running this site,was set up by the members,who make the effort and spend the coin to make a brilliant weekend where your treated like family by the Luccomes fishery crew?kid ,partner and dog friendly,good food, well stocked shop where they not shy to knock a few quid off?loads to do locally, walks,beach etc.....don't be shy to make the effort and show your faces next yr you will be welcomed with open arms.?

• Like 5

Bunch of grown men .who was once strangers all getting together for  a good reason

Bacame life long frends.make good money for there chratys...

I think is great..love there kids and wifes get involved  to.

Spot on..they could fish a paddle but they all have fun and money well that gos to some great places.well dont to you all

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Kev,tried messaging you,  looks like I donated straight to force using the first link?£40 and £10 gift aid....820291988_Screenshot_20190822-233326_SamsungInternet.jpg.ef31d2a73cd8834ad2f9ade1c5a7d805.jpg

No worries mate..

It's all.in.the same pot..

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 22/08/2019 at 10:34, NEWKID said:

Makes it all worth while, well done all :clapper: