Fishing Competition 2019

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right Lads First Thanks to everyone who attended, helped, organised and generally made the effort again to make this a success. No one ever comes to this weekend and doesn't generally muck i

Another cracking weekend...everyone was on top form, and all put their hands in their pockets to raise another fair lump.of money considering we're just a group of blokes in a field! I'm not long

Main problem is rivers are unpredictable. If we fished a river this year we would have had trees coming past due to the amount of rain. The comp was the idea of Arch, Wilf and me and your ri

Posted Images

And sadly I missed the lot, gear still in van, and back in work in 10 mins,  absolutely gutted but had a bit of a family issue and though the kids are in there mid 20s and 30s they are always no 1, well done lads FairPlay to all of you and now the sleeves and gown are reunited????

• Like 5

Brilliant time we all pigged out on massive BBQ's every night  especially Dan's special one on the last night that was true amazing meat. I think we all nearly drowned in different alcohol drinks. Great company.

Oh and the fishing was good as well, lol.

A really big thank you to Kev and the others that put so much effort in to making a fantastic week end.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A bad days fishing is always better than a good days work mate and certainly a lot better than this shit, even had a load of Cattys banded up for the youngsters see how many windows they could have managed, ?? hopefully by next year I will be settled in my new home and my life will be back to normal, a little less manic than the last year has been, ✌️

2B7E0E32-D076-480D-9901-0EFB811BBB72.jpeg

DF0C789D-459B-4438-8778-328FA914B647.jpeg

• Like 4

Was a top weekend as usual with some good laughs and 2 cracking days fishing. 

Dan did what he always does and filled us to the brim with lovely meat and sausages. (I really need to eat some salad today). 

Owners of the fishery were really nice people and all came and joined last nights festivities. 

Well done to everyone who attended. ??

• Like 7

Another cracking weekend...everyone was on top form, and all put their hands in their pockets to raise another fair lump.of money considering we're just a group of blokes in a field!

I'm not long in put will do a post later, and add the link for the online payments.

The charity this year is Force Cancer, it's a local charity that offers support to people with cancer and their families. Those that have been to the fishery have met Graham (the fishery owners dad) and his wife Mary, they are 2 of the most welcoming people you could ever meet and 2 of my real friends.

Graham has had a rough year since the last comp, and was diagnosed with cancer last September, hes looking better but still has a way to go. We asked Mary to choose the charity and Force was their choice.

Link to Force website below:

https://forcecancercharity.co.uk/

I'll do all the thank yous later, but it was the normal crowd plus a few new faces who once again made this weekend what it is...that's our 7th year now i think we've raised close to £15k over that time fir various causes...and had a great time doing it....

Cheers all!

I

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

A bad days fishing is always better than a good days work mate and certainly a lot better than this shit, even had a load of Cattys banded up for the youngsters see how many windows they could have managed, ?? hopefully by next year I will be settled in my new home and my life will be back to normal, a little less manic than the last year has been, ✌️

2B7E0E32-D076-480D-9901-0EFB811BBB72.jpeg

DF0C789D-459B-4438-8778-328FA914B647.jpeg

Where best place get bands from mate got an old milbro ali catty want start taking out needs banding up

3 minutes ago, staffs riffraff said:

Where best place get bands from mate got an old milbro ali catty want start taking out needs banding up

What sort you after mate flats,tubes or going back to the old square stuff ? 

24 minutes ago, staffs riffraff said:

I not got a clue mate what i want to eventually use it for when im capable is just take it out with mutts knock few squizzers out of trees n wotnot pal

Whack some flats on it mate by far the easiest to get along with, two ways of doing it though I’m sure you could find something to use as plugs instead of buying them, if you pm me your address I’ll make you up a couple of sets and send them up, but if your worried about me turning up eBay does them ??

Just to repeat, top, top weekend and many thanks to Kev who set it up again. Dave and Emma looked after us like we were ViPs and the fishing was pretty good too.

Kev steamed it but in front of Robbo and Sean C. Who had big bags of fish.

Good crack, plenty of great food and drink and Johnny was top notch on the auction/prize giving.

The kids were all a credit to their owners lol and Dan did the biz as usual.

Any one who likes fishing or meat or drink or crack won't be disappointed if they attend next year.

Few quid raised for good causes and the karma is high!

Daniel Cain was more thrilled to come last than win it last year, it's a sleeve thing. 

Cheers, D.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3