Fishing Competition 2019

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right Lads First Thanks to everyone who attended, helped, organised and generally made the effort again to make this a success. No one ever comes to this weekend and doesn't generally muck i

Another cracking weekend...everyone was on top form, and all put their hands in their pockets to raise another fair lump.of money considering we're just a group of blokes in a field! I'm not long

Main problem is rivers are unpredictable. If we fished a river this year we would have had trees coming past due to the amount of rain. The comp was the idea of Arch, Wilf and me and your ri

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Nice chopper not long til the comp. I'm not gonna have a chance to make anything probably some home made jars of something from the missus and a nice bottle or two of something.

What's happening with meat I was going to marinade a big batch of spare rib pork steaks can pop home for them when's a good night to bring I'll be there from Friday....?

Myself and dan the man will be bringing a load of meat as usual. However if Kev doesn’t collect this fukcing BBQ soon nobody will be eating anything ?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, socks said:

Myself and dan the man will be bringing a load of meat as usual. However if Kev doesn’t collect this fukcing BBQ soon nobody will be eating anything ?

Look I know I'm  a complete twat...but my brother and his mrs have f****d off on a midlife crisis trip around south east Asia for 5 weeks and left me running everything in our busiest time....I'm f****d! Lol...

I'll pick up some proper scrumpy to stop you shouting and get up next week..... I promise....oh f**k I've promised now lol

• Haha 1

I fished the tidal.on Saturday morning, it was shit....so wrapped up and dropped in and saw everyone at the fishery, their really excited about hosting it again, showed me our little camping area...Ken's caravan is set up, and Joe's static.... I've chopped loads of wood as I'll take the fire pit this year, Dave is happy with that...Graham (Dad of fishery owner) is looking loads better, had a good few hours with them...Isla had a little fish on the bottom pond and caught a few bits, Rudd, tench, swimmers etc... looks like we'll need 2 ponds completely this year...I think Graham would like to fish it again, SeanC is coming and will fish...I'll try and convince him to bring a camera as well...

I was gonna do a big chilli on Friday night, chuck jacket spuds in the fire etc...just thought everyone might get sick of BBQ food..we'll have the big bbq from the start though, so bacon sardines etc will be a doddle on Saturday morning....

Still gonna fish for bass in the Teign Estuary on sat morning, live eels.... those doing it coarse gear is fine, a light carp rod or Avon rod is perfect, 6lb or 8lb line and a few hooks...size 4-8 and some swivels...floor carbon hook lengths are preference, I'll have load of spare gear... but it's dead simple fishing....if the fishing is shit, the pubs are good in teingmouth, or a short ferry trip to Shaldon for a pint...

Only a month away now....

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Balaur said:

Nice chopper not long til the comp. I'm not gonna have a chance to make anything probably some home made jars of something from the missus and a nice bottle or two of something.

What's happening with meat I was going to marinade a big batch of spare rib pork steaks can pop home for them when's a good night to bring I'll be there from Friday....?

We could ask Dave to put stuff in his fridges mate if that's your concern?

Get it made, we're all greedy b*****ds for the weekend lol

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

We could ask Dave to put stuff in his fridges mate if that's your concern?

Get it made, we're all greedy b*****ds for the weekend lol

Could he put 200 cans of beer/cider in there as well? ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Could he put 200 cans of beer/cider in there as well? ?

Cheers, D.

I'll tell him to clear the bait out, beers more important! Lol

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Balaur said:

You about then? My gear is still abroad I got rods but no reels or tackle. Might have an evening can walk to the river in 10 minutes from my digs

No back in gods own was going to tell you a couple of places to try have you been out for a drink in hereford