Fishing Competition 2019

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right Lads First Thanks to everyone who attended, helped, organised and generally made the effort again to make this a success. No one ever comes to this weekend and doesn't generally muck i

Another cracking weekend...everyone was on top form, and all put their hands in their pockets to raise another fair lump.of money considering we're just a group of blokes in a field! I'm not long

Main problem is rivers are unpredictable. If we fished a river this year we would have had trees coming past due to the amount of rain. The comp was the idea of Arch, Wilf and me and your ri

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Right lads, it's all on at the fishery if we are all happy to stay the same Venue.

I saw Dave today, he is looking forward to having us all again, I've told him to pencil in 17th/18th weekend....

He said there are a few statics left that could sleep up to 6 if the lads that mentioned last year are interested...best to ring him direct on the fishery link on this thread...

I could do with a numbers thread now so I can sort out how many are fishing.

I'm happy to sort something for the Saturday, either sea or river fishing again let me know....

Other than that normal Craic...bring some beer, bring some grub and something to chuck in the raffle...

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2019 at 22:27, twobob said:

Its ourlasses 50th this year apparently iam a selfish b*****d unless i take her to rippon races on the saturday.she.s not running just watching does anybody know how many signitures i need to get her sent to syria

From that...I have to work out your coming.....f***ing northerners lol

On 21/02/2019 at 00:51, ryaldinhio said:

Is it confirmed at 17-18 Aug?

What's location/venue?

I could book it in early enough this year.

Hi mate, 

Location is Luccombes Fishery in Exeter and yes 17th-18th weekend.

Most turn up Friday and leave Monday, match is on the Sunday with raffle, auction, prize giving, bbq and piss up after...

Saturday a few of us get off for a fish somewhere different, gonna try and set up some bass fishing on the Teign estuary using live eels this year, will depend on weather and availibilty of eels...if not we can fish the river/canal or exe estuary for bass and flounder on baits...

It's a good do every year, 7th year now so fair play to everyone keeping it going...

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I'm planning to use a whip for the comp so my boy can have a go and when he gets bored after 20 minutes I'll take over. Any pointers appreciated as I've never really fished successfully with pole or whip.....

just keep trickling in a steady amount of fed....a line in the margins ,then out in front,alternate between then if they go quiet ,adjust your depth,fish on the drop or bottom, get the fish competing for the bait and hold on?be plenty of lads there for tips .....I'm not the best at explaining things ?you be sound joe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1