That'll teach me to read the feckin' instructions.

Some of you may remember that last year I bought and ATN X-Sight II HD and, had nothing but agro' with it.

To cut a long story short, I'd been looking for some kind of NV that I could use on my TX and, thought that this might be a good candidate but, it's never made it that far.

Last summer I put it on my HW100 and, took it to the golf course but, I couldn't get the bloody thing to zero.

It's got a flash 1 shot zero thingy where you aim at the target, take a shot, then move the second set of crosshairs to the impact point.

I was trying this for ages and, got the results in the picture below.

So, rather pissed off, I packed it away and left it.

IMG_20180805_161429.jpg

I'd thought about it a few times over the months, wondering if it needed and update, wondering if I'd missed something :hmm:

I had a look at a few YouTube videos and, went through the instructions with a fine tooth comb.

...... It turns out that there's a bit in the system where you have to tell the software what ATN product you're using :doh:

So, I did that, put it back on the HW100 and, gave it another go.

.......... The picture below is 2 initial shots that hit the top of the board then, after using the zero function, 5 shots into the Shoot N See target :thumbs:

IMG_20190119_153254.jpg

IMG_20190119_153224.jpg

• Like 1

This was 14 shots at 30yrds on X3 mag'.

My honest view of it now is that it's a good bit of kit. Some of the technology on it is fantastic.

But, it's too much technology for me and, I still can't get to grips with putting my eye up to scoped NV.

......... I'm fine with shooting a regular day scope because I can have both eyes open and, NV with a screen works well for me.

It's a shame but, I think I'll end up moving this on.

IMG_20190123_142237.jpg

have you tried using it without the rubber eye pice Jon?

I can't use scopes like that with them on but I'm fine when you get rid of them, could take it off the photons but 

the pard thing I use now I have to fold it over cos its fixed on, it stops the eye burn and you can keep both eyes open!

turn the brightness down to when you out at night. 

pHPQhGUBR4q5AnHWT6xfAA.jpg.11326dac8a743daff209cba41709652b.jpg

ps... read the feckin instructions too?

• Haha 1