Tougher quarry

It all depends on the territory they are in

I think in the ground the hog is tougher persay then the coon.  But above ground I'd say the coon is tougher.  And to the guy asking about coo s using there feet like hands,  yes they do. And not all coons are the same here in America.  Depending on were your from they can be small or pretty big.  And the teeth on the ground are wide and super sharp and will lay big gashes on your dog.  Could easily rip your dogs face apart. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, 1of1 said:

I’m sure there is the occasional dog that is crushing rib cages of coon but if he was insinuating it was being done with any regularity by most dogs he was either only seeing smaller specimens of raccoon or he is a lying. I’m going to assume to first bc assuming another grown man is lying without proof is as ugly as the actual liar themselves. Women do this lol assume you’re cheating without any solid proof. Lol kinda pathetic. 

I’ve got some tough hard ones but they are not crushing rib cages of large coons regularly. Especially if the coon is in the ground or any area with limited room

Mate , I’ve never even been to the states and have no idea about Racoons , all I offered was anecdotal, from someone who is no longer with us  , but who I knew well and did not lie about his dogs and was always self critical. I am interested in terrier work in the states and would have been interested in hearing more about your dogs and exploits . But you come across to me as a bit of a tit so I’ve all of a sudden lost interest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Mate , I’ve never even been to the states and have no idea about Racoons , all I offered was anecdotal, from someone who is no longer with us  , but who I knew well and did not lie about his dogs and was always self critical. I am interested in terrier work in the states and would have been interested in hearing more about your dogs and exploits . But you come across to me as a bit of a tit so I’ve all of a sudden lost interest. 

You clearly misunderstood what i said. I said in my experience that doesn’t happen that often and that i give your friend the benefit of the doubt he must have been around some dogs and or circumstances that made it possible for it to happen. I did not make fun of you or him or call him a liar I outright said that i will take that at face value for the truth. I’m not into all the joking with and poking at other men. I didn’t mean to offend you and I was trying to communicate that I believe what you said just in my experience it wasn’t that common. 

My my statement was actually motivated by all these people calling other grown men liars without any real proof they are lying. In no way was it to take shots at your friend or you. Forgive me if that how you understood it. Again not my intention misunderstanding 

Edited by 1of1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, 1of1 said:

You clearly misunderstood what i said. I said in my experience that doesn’t happen that often and that i give your friend the benefit of the doubt he must have been around some dogs and or circumstances that made it possible for it to happen. I did not make fun of you or him or call him a liar I outright said that i will take that at face value for the truth. I’m not into all the joking with and poking at other men. I didn’t mean to offend you and I was trying to communicate that I believe what you said just in my experience it wasn’t that common. 

Appreciate you getting back , I misunderstood you . My friend only visited the states and only went out maybe a couple of times after raccoon , so was in no way an expert . I look forward to more posts on hunting in the states and maybe a few photos. All the best 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Want to be careful on here mate ,some a bit touchy about being called out .

Thank you. I was trying to communicate that was not my experience but i believe what they other man was saying

Only people I was calling out are the ones on the board always calling others liars when they are not their in person to prove they are lying. IMO that is something women do. We all have the right to our opinions but to put it in writing calling another man a liar and we have no REAL PROOF is feminine argumentative and a waste of our time. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Appreciate you getting back , I misunderstood you . My friend only visited the states and only went out maybe a couple of times after raccoon , so was in no way an expert . I look forward to more posts on hunting in the states and maybe a few photos. All the best 

I’m with you. reading my post I could have communicated better. I can see how I was misunderstood. I’ll try to be more clear.

Not the best pic but you can see how this raccoon is using its paws (front and back) almost like hands to handle the terriers. This raccoon actually worked his way on top of my terrier. She’s only a year old but loved every bit of the work

Edited by 1of1
  • Like 1
On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 12:28, Ace Boone coon said:

It all depends on the territory they are in

I think in the ground the hog is tougher persay then the coon.  But above ground I'd say the coon is tougher.  And to the guy asking about coo s using there feet like hands,  yes they do. And not all coons are the same here in America.  Depending on were your from they can be small or pretty big.  And the teeth on the ground are wide and super sharp and will lay big gashes on your dog.  Could easily rip your dogs face apart. 

ed you wouldn't know because you hunt from the couch you fat lazy c**t.. leave this to the guys who actually step into the woods with their dogs.. you know nothing on the subject matter.. well... maybe what you've read...lmao

• Like 1