Catch and Retrieve

On 19/02/2019 at 03:21, Sirblessed said:

Was out With Big Kev, and young Fleet today, this is just a clip of fleet catching one, full video will be up once I edit it.

If ya didn’t shout at the pup would it still run as fast or have ya tried that 

excitable time when a pup catches its first, we know their fast enough but the relief when they finally do its just a great feeling 

best of luck with it 

4 hours ago, Casso said:

If ya didn’t shout at the pup would it still run as fast or have ya tried that 

excitable time when a pup catches its first, we know their fast enough but the relief when they finally do its just a great feeling 

best of luck with it 

When you use your dogs 2/3 times a week over a period of years, anything that helps maintain their enthusiasm is beneficial, when they know you want them as much as they do, some dogs work better for you, than for themselves on their off days,  It can with some bring out the best in them consistently, instil this in a pup, once I know he knows it, then there is no need. I always do this with all the pups until they are about 1  1/2,.  Just my way, works for me. A hobby dog ( take out couple of times a month) is a bit different imo.

• Like 2
On 20/02/2019 at 23:42, Sirblessed said:

When you use your dogs 2/3 times a week over a period of years, anything that helps maintain their enthusiasm is beneficial, when they know you want them as much as they do, some dogs work better for you, than for themselves on their off days,  It can with some bring out the best in them consistently, instil this in a pup, once I know he knows it, then there is no need. I always do this with all the pups until they are about 1  1/2,.  Just my way, works for me. A hobby dog ( take out couple of times a month) is a bit different imo.

Just pulling your wire bud , 

the sounds coming out of lads when the dog is on , is just pure excitement  

but ive hunted with lads in places as a kid where you kept your mouth shut ?

never ran a pup yet where it decided how fast to run due to  me prancing and bellowing 100 yards behind it 

best of luck once again 

Edited by Casso
  • Like 1