Mobile speed camera laws

Can anyone help me here, What’s the rule on where a mobile speed camera can set up.  I’ve just been over the local level crossing and there’s a mobile speed unit there and out on the side of the road is a camera on a tripod. They have just altered the speed limit there in the last week or so. I thought all mobile cameras had to be within clearly marked speed camera areas and this one is not. I Think I was doing 45 in a New 40mph limit up until the other week it’s always been national speed limit through there. 60mph

You won't get the right answer on here as we all think we know what we are on about and it's rare  you get the same answer twice or more lol

But for my money I think they can put a camera were they want as long as there is a sign showing you mobile speed cameras operate in that area. Camera has to be within a set distance from sign.

Fact speed has been altered won't save you points or a fine.. my local rag has camera locations in it for the week but does not say the day it will be used..

When I rode bikes I ended up joining IAM (institute of advanced motorcyclists) and the rules were and still are for me 30 in a 30 40 in a 40 and as fast as you could safely ride in a national speed limit ( excluding motorways) 

• Like 2

I deny everything, and those cameras on the tripod don’t take a photo of your face so from my point of view are the easiest to dismiss, I deny being there, deny it was my vehicle and deny driving my vehicle on that day on that road, but unless your a stubborn old feck like myself and willing to spend up to two days in court just take it ???

• Like 1

they can put them anywhere... no fixed cameras in north Yorkshire just loads of vans and a Cnut on a bike who hides between parked cars:censored:

and when you cross into east Yorkshire they hide them in wheely bins but its not a money making thing its for our safety :hmm:

been done twice both times where 40 changes to 30 once at 33 the other at 34

10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

There’s a cnut always up around leyburn towards hawes on a bike, he genuinely hides ???? always a talking point on local fb pages he has caught Fcuking loads ???

ehat i was real suprised at tho was the amount a cars about without tax or insurance, we have had 2 drive abouts in maybe a year here with dvla or who ever sticking yella tickets and clamps on cars, I’m amazed so many folk drive without them ??

they've been targeting tax dodgers round Scarborough, loads of ppl have been caught.. yellow clamps all over!

the tit down the rd with a flash merc got done?

8 hours ago, trigger2 said:

Can anyone help me here, What’s the rule on where a mobile speed camera can set up.  I’ve just been over the local level crossing and there’s a mobile speed unit there and out on the side of the road is a camera on a tripod. They have just altered the speed limit there in the last week or so. I thought all mobile cameras had to be within clearly marked speed camera areas and this one is not. I Think I was doing 45 in a New 40mph limit up until the other week it’s always been national speed limit through there. 60mph

Was it 45 on the clock?