RWS super field..177 4.52.

Bought a tin of these of f the bay.

Had been meaning to feed some to my 97 after having been impressed by the performance of a sample baggy a while back.

Well what a load of shite they are. Seems every third pellet is falling low - up to 4 inches from the point of aim at 20 yards. I've never seen anything like it. Totally unusable.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Very much the same experience.

These RWS Superfields in .22 were pellet on pellet in my HW77 .22 so bought a couple of tins. 

Then they were shotgunning all over the target at 25 metres. 

I've also tried the .177 pellets for my .177 rifles but, they were a failure to begin with.

But to be fair, my HW77 used to put pellet on pellet accuracy with Air Arms Field .22/5.52 mm. Then it started blasting them everywhere but zero as well.

Now, my HW77 has decided it loves H&N Field Target Trophy 5.53 mm and are phenomenally accurate pellets with my rifle.

It's a phenomenon I cannot explain. But some air rifles love a brand and headsize of a pellet one day, printing superb groups at all ranges tested, then another day, rubbish! Can't hit a barn door at ten yards in a hundred shots.

Someone somewhere will be shooting happily with Superfields right now and will swear by them. 

Till the next time?

Perhaps the makers change the material lead in their dyes, or substitute alloys with other metals? .I really don't know. 

• Like 2

I am with you Simon, one of the worst pellets I have used to the point that no gun would group well. It is strange that RWS produce superb .22LR rimfire ammo which are sooooo accurate it makes me wonder how they cannot produce a decent pellet.

Phil

• Like 2

I told bigmac about 2 weeks ago not to waste his money on rws pellets,  he pick up 2 tins to try in his impact, I told him to put 1 can back,  as you will throw them away, low & behold ask him what happened with them lol, pure shite, shame because they look a good clean pellet, superdome & superfield both super shite

• Like 3

Hi LJ.

My .177 cal`HW 97K is producing groups like this with JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87g .

Very hard hitting too .

Twelve shot group well under a 5p, - great pellet in the 97`s.:good:

IMG_1261.JPG.0f586c3d34fc5e02fc8670ae1042aa06.JPG

We used the RWS Hobby flat headed ( wadcutters) 11.9 g, .22 cal` on rats for years and years.( devastating pellet for ratting) :yes: :thumbs:

A very destructive , very accurate pellet at sub 12/ft lbs " under 25/ 30 yards", after 25/ 30 yards accuracy became poor.

atb  Mark.

• Like 1
On 18/02/2019 at 16:29, pianoman said:

Very much the same experience.

These RWS Superfields in .22 were pellet on pellet in my HW77 .22 so bought a couple of tins. 

Then they were shotgunning all over the target at 25 metres. 

I've also tried the .177 pellets for my .177 rifles but, they were a failure to begin with.

But to be fair, my HW77 used to put pellet on pellet accuracy with Air Arms Field .22/5.52 mm. Then it started blasting them everywhere but zero as well.

Now, my HW77 has decided it loves H&N Field Target Trophy 5.53 mm and are phenomenally accurate pellets with my rifle.

It's a phenomenon I cannot explain. But some air rifles love a brand and headsize of a pellet one day, printing superb groups at all ranges tested, then another day, rubbish! Can't hit a barn door at ten yards in a hundred shots.

Someone somewhere will be shooting happily with Superfields right now and will swear by them. 

Till the next time?

Perhaps the makers change the material lead in their dyes, or substitute alloys with other metals? .I really don't know. 

.53 FTT’s mate. Absolute mint aren’t they... used them since day 2 in me 97. Just can’t fault the pellet. Every HW I’ve had just throws them so true.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, vizlauk said:

I told bigmac about 2 weeks ago not to waste his money on rws pellets,  he pick up 2 tins to try in his impact, I told him to put 1 can back,  as you will throw them away, low & behold ask him what happened with them lol, pure shite, shame because they look a good clean pellet, superdome & superfield both super shite

Yep, I've found the same - good clean looking pellets but, they've never worked in anything I've owned.

16 hours ago, mark williams said:

Hi LJ.

My .177 cal`HW 97K is producing groups like this with JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87g .

Very hard hitting too .

Twelve shot group well under a 5p, - great pellet in the 97`s.:good:

IMG_1261.JPG.0f586c3d34fc5e02fc8670ae1042aa06.JPG

We used the RWS Hobby flat headed ( wadcutters) 11.9 g, .22 cal` on rats for years and years.( devastating pellet for ratting) :yes: :thumbs:

A very destructive , very accurate pellet at sub 12/ft lbs " under 25/ 30 yards", after 25/ 30 yards accuracy became poor.

atb  Mark.

That was my experience with the Hobby's at shorter ranges - really accurate and I loved the way they punch a perfect circle in card.

The.52's feel quite loose in my 97 so I've got some .53 JSB's arriving today. Looking forward to trying them at the weekend.

Out to medium ranges my 97 likes Accupels but groups open up at 40 and beyond.  

well they were the best pellet in my sfs 177 hw95 but they are getting too erratic-and that's after buying a sleeve of 10 tins for £55! I have 4 tins left but wont use them as aafd in 4.51 are giving a nicer shot cycle,accuracy and 6ft/sev dev on the chrono for 11.1fpe-looks like changing pellets here!