New spot

neil b

For the first time this season I questioned my sanity as the alarm went off at 430 ( on a Sunday morning) nevertheless a quick brew and bowl of porridge and I was off up the motorway to pick my mate up. We had been asked to have a look at this place by the keeper as there was a lot of rabbits about, once we reached we’re we could go no further off we set on foot, there were rabbits bouncing about everywhere, the first sett produced 4 then a steady couple of 3s soon had me up to 10, and only one dig of 6” things were looking to be in my favour for once, Clear sky’s and a gentle breeze, I was up to 17 and heading back to the truck I left my bounty there and went in some flat fields, I saw a rabbit go to ground and Nell marked a different hole at the other side of the Warren 5 came out of here like trains, I carried on and had another 7, digging a couple bolting a couple then the nets came up and Nell caught the last rabbit of the day in spectacular fashion, I finished on 29 my mate had 6 making 35!in total, pity the season is almost done, at least there is always next season, 6BA77112-2896-4454-A342-937E5E8E7A05.jpeg.3b29ce19e30d0dd985c3350f35bdc314.jpegcheers Neil B 

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, neil b said:

Iv got a lurcher who marks for me,he just has to either see rabbits going to ground or just take the chance something is at home 

Good do Neil, my blue and white whippet is well past her best for running and catching but I still let her tag along most days because she could find me a rabbit in leeds town centre if there was one there, you can't beat a good marking dog.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Trev70 said:

Good do Neil, my blue and white whippet is well past her best for running and catching but I still let her tag along most days because she could find me a rabbit in leeds town centre if there was one there, you can't beat a good marking dog.

Absolutely trev, with the vast amount of ground we go on you could waste a lot of time netting empty warrens up without a marking dog, 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

Just out of curiosity why do you always split up from your mate when you go together? Would it not be worth staying together and both getting the use of Nells clearly excellent marking nose? 

Because I’m very anti social!!!! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1