Bedlington x greyhound 1st 2generation

13 hours ago, billhardy said:

See ss tried racing whippets long before anything els failed miserably,lots ta be said of a mans track record with a performance type he was doomed from the start because he could not see the necessary of a breed type I was allways bewildered how become involved with working types I sit and wonder and can see it how it his hobby breeding .theres lots at it just want seen back then  for what it was .lol.atb bill

I get what your saying about hobby breeders and in it for the money .

same as hobby hunters ,they plenty of them about ,

putting food on the table with dogs is in my blood ,can never remember a time when my family didn't have running juckels and few terriers .

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my pup came from fella you talking about.he as one best bedlington terrier I seen in yrs,not x with another type to pep it up greyhounds he as are workedand do ok from what he said. i don't

you can say what you like about plummer but he was one hell of a writer. we are all guilty of reading them and finding our opinions later. 

As bad as hondjob with his merel collie crosses charging more money  150 is plenty for a lurcher pup 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, fred90 said:

it was line bred beddywhippet 

Same as my unculs two ,they both good bitches and one was big looked more like greyhound x ,good on fox and she made good lamper.other bitch didn't have it in her she made good rabbit dog and they took plenty of kaneys between them .

6 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

They is bedlingtons working in U.K. And Europe ,got to remember they was never bred for the shires and its packs on horse back but the border lands were a bigger tuffer dog was needed to work the rock piles .they are used on pig ,brock in Europe because they suit bigger game.

plenty of kc dogs of different breeds work ,look at the whippet and they still rated as good workers .its not the breed at fault but breeders .

I'm no anti if you can put me in contact with someone in the UK who has a kc reg digging beddy that's not just a fox only type terrier I will give the both of you 500 each to show the dog is the real deal. If you just want a lurcher mainly for rabbits odd hare odd fox then a beddy lurcher out of a bushing, ratting  kc beddy would probably suffice but show them a few teeth one after the other and I bet the very vast majority wouldn't last 2 nights lamping.

18 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

I'm no anti if you can put me in contact with someone in the UK who has a kc reg digging beddy that's not just a fox only type terrier I will give the both of you 500 each to show the dog is the real deal. If you just want a lurcher mainly for rabbits odd hare odd fox then a beddy lurcher out of a bushing, ratting  kc beddy would probably suffice but show them a few teeth one after the other and I bet the very vast majority wouldn't last 2 nights lamping.

Who in there right mind would take you up on such a stupid offer and all this teeth talk!! Have you heard yourself.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Busher100 said:

That's the spirit brother 

The dunt like it up um

There are plenty of people working bedlington hybrids below ground the same as people prefer border x Lakeland border x Russel bull x Russell’s there all crossed for a reason size coat game ness  but a bedlington x greyhound must be a pure bedlington x pure greyhound otherwise in your future breeding programme the offspring will get smaller because of the outcross blood on the bedlington atb dai

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Str said:

Who in there right mind would take you up on such a stupid offer and all this teeth talk!! Have you heard 

If someone has such a dog why would they not take my 500 and prove me wrong? I'm very sorry I'm into more then rabbits sir ?

1 hour ago, coco said:

There are plenty of people working bedlington hybrids below ground the same as people prefer border x Lakeland border x Russel bull x Russell’s there all crossed for a reason size coat game ness  but a bedlington x greyhound must be a pure bedlington x pure greyhound otherwise in your future breeding programme the offspring will get smaller because of the outcross blood on the bedlington atb dai

What a statement! It’s almost comical if you read between the lines ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, poxon said:

What a statement! It’s almost comical if you read between the lines ??

The statement is there are people working bedlington crosses to ground but that type of terrier would be no good for lurchers breeding because of the outcross it’s not rocket science people have used bedlington hybrids for earth work for years atb

• Like 1
1 hour ago, coco said:

The statement is there are people working bedlington crosses to ground but that type of terrier would be no good for lurchers breeding because of the outcross it’s not rocket science people have used bedlington hybrids for earth work for years atb

Like I said read between the lines it’s comical! the reason for out crossing is simple most not all  kc bedlingtons of today are dog shit An can’t do the job in hand that’s the reason for the out crossing mainly done by bedlington owners there self ?????? I don’t think breeding out a bedlington hybrids wouldn’t be a bad thing if there working well as most bedlington hybrids have had blood put back in ? most hard bedlington x greyhound of yesteryear were bred from tack that weren’t very big there Self an produced dogs of 21-22tts that could turn to most jobs so I can’t see a hybrid being no different when hybridised to a greyhound if ya want bigger you breed for bigger 

• Like 2

Picture of my, not mi mates or one I’ve seen work or read about on here she was my KC Bedlington bitch born around 1986,she killed that fox in the large gorse patch behind,her coat wasn’t perfect and at 16 inch too big for most earths but what Bedlingtons of her breeding didn’t lack was instinct to hunt and kill foxes,she would have been ideal to breed beddie x whippets.ive also owned a 1/16 border Bedlington who was big and strong ideal for crossing with a greyhound, he could also get to ground in some earths even though he was between 17-18 inch tts,with him only being 1/16 I would have used him on a greyhound but some of the 1/2 or 3/4 hybrids I’ve seen over the years I wouldn’t have used to produce lurchers as they didn’t resemble Bedlingtons enough,you could clearly see too much border or fell etc and generally they didn’t have the size and stature you want to produce lurchers.i have seen a dog bred out of a 3/4 beddie 1/4 fell x racing whippet which didn’t look right being short in the leg and it lacked speed but a good worker regards hunting buts that’s it.

8341DAEA-5F5D-455C-BDED-D27242080552.jpeg

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, darbo said:

Is that the bitch whos kc name was frisky lady Str?

I can’t honestly remember, she was out of Rillington raven & ippoliyt (not sure on spelling) Bonny blue.shes the grandmother to tyke.